Can't connect to lorex camera from mobile.

Reaction score
Hello, sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I'm needing help with a Lorex eco3 960h. Basically it won't let me connect from my phone if i am away from home using the Lorex eco stratus app. I have been using it perfectly fine for about a year and all of a sudden it wont connect anymore unless i am at home connected to my wifi but if i am away from home on my mobile data or on someone elses wifi, it will not connect anymore. I tried port forwarding on my netgear router and on the auto port forwarding wizard with no luck..Anyone have any clue? Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you scanned a QR code with your phone when setting it up, it's likely using p2p and "lost its way", something regarding your public (WAN) changed.
I assume nothing has been changed at your home where the camera is such as a new ISP, new modem or new wireless router, etc.
If you haven't already done so, I'd delete the app and start over with the process you performed when you first got the cam.

When you get it working on your LAN with your phone's wireless, close the app, switch off your phone's wireless, open the app and try the phone's cellular connection to test remote access....you shouldn't have to leave the house to test.

Reaction score
If you scanned a QR code with your phone when setting it up, it's likely using p2p and "lost its way", something regarding your public (WAN) changed.
I assume nothing has been changed at your home where the camera is such as a new ISP, new modem or new wireless router, etc.
If you haven't already done so, I'd delete the app and start over with the process you performed when you first got the cam.

When you get it working on your LAN with your phone's wireless, close the app, switch off your phone's wireless, open the app and try the phone's cellular connection to test remote access....you shouldn't have to leave the house to test.
I have uninstalled and re set up the app, i have factory reset the dvr and i have even tried on other peoples phones thinking maybe it might just be my phone or service provider and nothing. soon as i am connected to my wifi it will connect right away, but if i turn off the wifi and try to connect with my 4g/lte data it will disconnect and keep saying connect failed.. I guess i am going to try and factory reset my router, i think that is my last option. Thanks

Reaction score
OK, i think i have fixed it. I just connected through the ddns domain i have set up instead of the dvr's id and it seems to be working now.