Cant connect to the mobile app, even on LAN

atom631

n3wb
Reaction score
Im not sure whats changed or why I can no longer connect to the app. Even on my LAN connection Im not able to get on. I havent made any changes to my username/password nor IP addresses.

For WAN connectivity, I use no-ip for DDNS. thats obviously also down.

went through the remote access wizard again, no change

i dont even know where to begin troublehsooting this as everything looks correct. any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Im not sure whats changed or why I can no longer connect to the app. Even on my LAN connection Im not able to get on. I havent made any changes to my username/password nor IP addresses.

For WAN connectivity, I use no-ip for DDNS. thats obviously also down.

went through the remote access wizard again, no change

i dont even know where to begin troublehsooting this as everything looks correct. any ideas?
Check for a recent Windows update that changed your network connection's properties from "private" to "public" or vice versa.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Windows updates seems to change this for some reason

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that was it. my network connection was set to public somehow. how stupid!!
No argument with you on that...

Yours is at least about the 3rd or 4th time on this forum that the update caused the same issue as yours.

Of my clients this update also made a construction office's 3 workstations lose contact with their Quickbooks accounting server and also a chiropractic office's single workstation lose contact with their medical records/scheduling server.