Can't Control Hikvision ds-7608ni-e2/8p

Reaction score
Hi guys, so today I upgraded my Hikvision ds-7608ni-e2/8p firmware to version 3.3.6 build 151229. I thought that it would work a little better if I did so, but I'm not too happy with the upgrade. I feel like they dumbed it down - a lot. Prior to the update I was able to remotely control things like night vision on the cameras, wdr, etc. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, because as far as I know these settings can still be controlled directly from the NVR. The problem in my case though is that the property that I'm monitoring is in Europe while I live in the US, so accessing these features remotely is a must for me.

So my question to you guys is: Is there any other way to access the cameras remotely or am I basically screwed with the new update and will have to contact a family member back in Europe every time I want to change the more advanced settings?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can downgrade back to v3.3.4 if that's the version you were on? I'm guessing it's even earlier though.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reaction score
You could:

1) Turn on virtual host

or

2) Connect a remote computer to the PoE port
Thanks for your help so far - I just tried turning switching on the virtual host, but when I try to go to http://{NVR_ipaddress}:65001, it won't work.

I'm confused as to what to I type in into the 3 spaces labeled

Alarm Host IP Alarm:
Host Port:
Multicast Address:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One problem at a time.

For virtual host to work, you will need access to a local computer (or I guess have those ports forwarded if you can do that, but I've never tried that!). Is that how you are remoting in? Or are you remoting in directly over internet into Web-GUI?

Reaction score
I only have access to the NVR via the remote controlled web page (Web-GUI). I also have access to the router that the NVR is connected to in Europe, but remotely (myip:443) with 443 being the port used to access the router.

This is what I'm seeing right now:

nvr picture.PNG

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Go to system camera management. That will give you the proper address. You can then forward the port correctly.

Reaction score
So, I get something like http://192.168.0.103:65001 on my first camera when I go there.

So, would this be correct? I'm still not sure what to type in for the multicast address

nvr image 2.PNG

The problem is I still cannot access this camera, because I'm not on a local network (the router that the NVR is connected to)

I wonder if there is a way to do this without needing a family member to bring their computer over and have them run team viewer each time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Port forward 65001 to 65001 for 192.168.0.103 in your router. You don't need to fill in the multicast address bit or alarm host - delete that.

Once done then put :65001 on the end of the current IP address you are logging in with port 80 at the moment

Reaction score
Port forward 65001 to 65001 for 192.168.0.103 in your router. You don't need to fill in the multicast address bit or alarm host - delete that.

Once done then put :65001 on the end of the current IP address you are logging in with port 80 at the moment
Thanks man, it finally works - I really appreciate the help. My last concern is the password. Right now I'm running my cameras in a Plug-and-Play method. If I change the password from the default one on the cameras so only I can access them remotely will the NVR be able to figure that out, or will I have to run them as manual and then input in the password? I'm guessing manual, but just want to be sure before I mess with the settings.

Once again, a big thanks. It would have taken me ages to figure this out otherwise.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Probably not, you will need to do the manual and input password.

I wouldn't mess around with that from a different continent. Turn off virtual host and only turn it on when you need it. Sort out the camera passwords when you have access.