Can't find function to turn off IR LEDS

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using an IPC-HDW2231 camera from Andy.

When I'm using IP Cam Viewer Lite (app) on my tablet to view my camera, I can turn my IR Lights on and off with it.

I was looking around in the Blue Iris software on my PC and I don't see any options for this. Did I miss it?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is one of three buttons in the lower left corner below the video playback area. You need to have PTZ controls showing I think.

It doesn't work with all cameras, and in my very limited experience with it, it screws up the automatic IR functioning until you go into the camera's web interface to fix it. So I don't touch that button anymore.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.

And also "PTZ controls, brightness, focus, etc." enabled under the individual "camera settings", "PTZ/Control" tab.
Also, I've had the best luck by logging into cam's webGUI and setting IR to "Auto" or "Smart IR".

In BI, a LONG press on the IR icon turns it to yellow which means "Auto" (controlled by camera webGUI setting,I would say).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Note the icon wont actually toggle IR, it toggles day/night/auto mode.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found the button, it doesn't do anything. The IP Cam Viewer Lite does it just fine though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I found the button, it doesn't do anything. The IP Cam Viewer Lite does it just fine though.
it will vary by camera model and what you select for the camera type in the dropdown. You should not need to use that function ever. You dont want to be micro managing your cameras. You can email support.