Can't find the BI UI3 Main Menu... Do I need to install something?

toddmc451

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a small tablet that I have monitoring my front door camera. I want it to stay on all the time, but it keeps timing out, and the timeout message says I can adjust the timeout in the UI3 Main Menu - but I'll be damned if I can find it. I thought I read that UI3 was already included in BI and that I didn't have to download it. Does it need to be installed somehow? Additionally, I have the camera in a group, and the login for that tablet only has access to that group, so the image comes up as soon as it's logged in - but I always have to maximize the screen. I read that it's possible to make the screen max sized by default, but I didn't quite understand what I needed to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a small tablet that I have monitoring my front door camera. I want it to stay on all the time, but it keeps timing out, and the timeout message says I can adjust the timeout in the UI3 Main Menu - but I'll be damned if I can find it. I thought I read that UI3 was already included in BI and that I didn't have to download it. Does it need to be installed somehow?
UI3 is a part of BI already, assuming your version is fairly recent. After launching UI3 as below, click on 3 dots upper right, Select 'UI Settings', choose "The UI will close itself after this many minutes of inactivity (0 to disable)" and enter a number, 0 to keep UI3 open indefinitely.
Code:
http://BI-Server-IP:port/ui3.htm
Additionally, I have the camera in a group, and the login for that tablet only has access to that group, so the image comes up as soon as it's logged in - but I always have to maximize the screen. I read that it's possible to make the screen max sized by default, but I didn't quite understand what I needed to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
Just use the following URL to launch from a browser on a local PC or tablet:
Code:
http://BI-Server-IP:port/ui3.htm?maximize=1#

Last edited: