Can't get AI to work with IVS

mike32162

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All of my cameras have same settings, with the exception of using IVS on some of them, and BI Motion Detection on others.
With BI Motion detection, it all works -- Requests go through, I can see the activity in the Codeproject logs, push notifications get sent, & status with object / percentage is there.

With IVS, the only thing that is different is I have motion detection turned off and ONVIF on. The AI configuration is on the same tab, the alerts page regardless of whether you use IVS or ONVIF. With IVS, I'm getting push notifications like I should, but no AI analysis, no requests in the codeproject log.

What's even stranger is although an alert is fired, shows up in BI and I can view the clip, there is no .dat file in the alerts folder. They do appear for BI motion triggered events.

mike32162

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All of my cameras have same settings, with the exception of using IVS on some of them, and BI Motion Detection on others.
With BI Motion detection, it all works -- Requests go through, I can see the activity in the Codeproject logs, push notifications get sent, & status with object / percentage is there.

With IVS, the only thing that is different is I have motion detection turned off and ONVIF on. The AI configuration is on the same tab, the alerts page regardless of whether you use IVS or ONVIF. With IVS, I'm getting push notifications like I should, but no AI analysis, no requests in the codeproject log.

What's even stranger is although an alert is fired, shows up in BI and I can view the clip, there is no .dat file in the alerts folder. They do appear for BI motion triggered events.
Ugh. Disregard this.
I had the box for Detect Motion Events only checked because before I was using IVS and got Coral AI, it was crashing the system sending constant requests. Obviously ONVIF is not considered a motion event, so I needed to turn it back on. Having different, other issues now as I'm further down the flow such as AI finding nothing on one camera but it does on the other having fixed the settings globally.

mike32162

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Solved it, but going to leave this here for others in case you get the same problems:
1) Obviously as above, motion detect only in the AI box needs to be off for IVS.
2) There seem to be some "quirks". I have motion detection off -- not the AI box part, for triggering (using IVS) BUT on one camera everything works and on another it didn't. After plopping the .dat files in the AI analyzer, the non-working camera showed a black image whereas everything is normal otherwise. I found the culprit to be a previous motion zone which was tiny, and for some reason (even though motion zones are off and I'm not using them) that's what it sent for analysis. I had to go back and refill Zone A completely, save everything, then turn motion back off, save it, and it appears to work.
Still some cosmetic work to do, like what it displays on the app. It gets the AI in there, but I don't need all the RuleEngine/xxx/xxxx stuff with it. Not concerned about that right now (it helps with troubleshooting), just trying to get everything functional first.

mike32162

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This might be an issue after all (unless I'm doing something dumb, but all of the zones are enabled):
AI only seems to be doing analysis on Zone A.
Motion in Zone B, BI triggers, no alert.
Motion in Zone A, works like it should.
Turn zones off and make one zone A with everything, it works (but not ideal for what I want).