Can't get alerts or recording from MJPEG stream

dz93

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a camera that I can only use an MJPEG stream on and when I added the camera to blue iris exactly as I have with the other 8 cameras I added I noticed that no matter what settings I use or what I try to change I can't get the darn thing to create alerts to the timeline or even record anything at all. I can see the camera being triggered and it does show the record icon in the status bar of that camera but it just won't do anything. It's not actually recording. I confirmed this by checking the "New" folder and it did not create a BVR file. I set the camera to record continuously but it does not. When triggered from the motion detector it won't publish to the timeline. It does not show any cancelled alerts, confirmed alerts, nothing flagged, just nothing at all. The camera streams in blue iris just fine though. Everything with the camera works except that it just won't record or publish any alerts. I have tried every different combination of settings I could think of but nothing changes anything. Is this just an issue where MJPEG isn't really compatible in blue iris or is there something I'm overlooking? I'm really stumped by this one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) I suggest first that you delete the cam, then re-add it and configure it again.
2) If no joy, post a screenshot of your "camera settings" => "record" tab.

dz93

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried deleting and re adding and that did not change anything at all. I could post a screen shot of my Record settings if absolutely necessary but they are all default. Only thing I set is pre-trigger buffer to 5sec. Everything else is default. I should note that adding any RTSP camera behaves as expected and alerts are working just fine on those. I should also note that I have a second camera I can get an MJPEG stream from which I tried and I have the same behavior on this one where it doesn't record or anything. When i check the log I can see where the camera is being triggered and I can even see where deepstack is returning positive detections but for some reason blue iris just won't record it or log the alerts anywhere at all.