can't get dahua NVR to attach smtp image

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Recently purchased NVR4208-8p-4ks2 nvr along with 8 4M dahua domes. I have tried 100s of permutations of the NVR software, but for the life of me I can not get the image to be attached on the email alerts. I have read other forums and tried various things, e.g.
1) gmail, time warner ISP provider smtp, all combinations of typical smtp ports (587 TSL, 465 SSL, NONE).
2) I tried to select different permutations of the schedulers. e.g., cont, MD only, MD and Alarms, IVS, one on/rest off, all on etc.
3) Set second intervals to 1 to 300 on the email settings.

I have gmail as an SMTP sever for blue iris locally with dahua IPCs (no problem image and video attach), but haven't used dahua NVR before. I've used swann NVR, no problem also. Any more ideas? Driving me nuts. And though I see some people just don't use the email feature, it is critical in our app.

lastly, no problem with emails (excepting too many, but that is secondary), just can't get pictures to attach. I also have tried various other GUIs like smartPSS, and one thing I do notice is it tends to capture lots of video clips, but I don't see a whole lot of images anywhere. Also, I cannot access the individual cameras as I am located far away from the setup, but most of the software seems to be able to dive in, and the flags seem to be saved.

I should also add, that I have idmsshd and the push config works with vid clips but has no images. My client wants to scroll through images quickly like blue iris, to find notable ones. The iDMSS push only shows a list of envelope alerts not a catalog of images, so you have to open each envelope to look. At least that's my limited understanding so far.

Last edited:

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I finally got it to send a few images attached, no logical cause effect. maybe 1 or 2 out of a cluster of 100 or so each. Someone mentioned a way to filter gmails with attachments, but I only see a way to search for mails with attachments. It doesn't break out the individual attachments from the clusters that arrive. At least I made a little progress. Nothing like blue iris though.

Edit. Learning about turning conversations off helped.

Last edited: