Can't get IP address for iCamera 1000

Gcphoto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, apologies if this isn't the correct forum for this question.

I am trying to get my iCamera 1000 working to use with Blue Iris. It is plugged in via the splitter cable to DC and Ethernet and plugged into my router. In the router's control panel it shows that it's connected and has a low number of packets sent and received and everything, but it is not registering an IP address for it.

Any help figuring out how to get an IP address for the camera would be much appreciated!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Run 'Fing' on your Android or iOS smartphone while on your home wireless or 'Advanced IP Scanner' on your Windows PC and scan for the camera's IP address.

When found, log into cam with that IP, change that IP from type 'DHCP' to 'Static', write it down and put that IP into Blue Iris for that iCamera 1000.

Gcphoto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

Thanks, fing is a cool app. However, I had already looked through all active ips on the network through the router control panel. The camera is not being assigned an IP.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this cam currently being used with either an xFinity Home or ADT Pulse system or do you have only the cam? If not, plug into router and hold the reset button for at least 15 seconds as suggested in this video ==>> here.

Gcphoto

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, that worked!

I tried many times before but perhaps did not have the Ethernet plugged in.

Appreciate your help!