Can't get live page to work in Chrome.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've just re installed windows and having difficulty with getting web components. I've installed and reinstalled multiple times with and without Chrome running, also completely uninstalled Chrome and still no luck. Is there any trick to this?

soulja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use Firefox..

i cant get chrome working either

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like Google now prevents extensions that are not in the store, Hikvision probably didn't get a memo.

zyphaz

n3wb
Reaction score
Chrome now blocks NPAPI plugins. They announced that they were going to do this in May of 2014

http://blog.chromium.org/2014/11/the-final-countdown-for-npapi.html
http://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation

The last 10 versions of Chrome allowed you to whitelist plugins bug selecting "Allow plugin" on the top right hand side of the address bar. They've since removed that option and hid it further.

In Chrome 42 (current), You can reenable NPAPI by browsing to chrome://flags/#enable-npapi and clicking Enable NPAPI (the first item).

Note, when Chrome 45 releases in September, they will take this option away as well.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
ah, the power of the internet knowledge! Thank you! I am downloading this Chrome as standalone version and keeping it forever or at least until Hikvision adds the damn extension.

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This just happened to me as well when I upgraded. I have gone back to IE and it seems faster now with the latest version. I'll stick to that for now.

Chris

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I re-enabled, but nothing changed - live view don't work :-(

EDIT: restart and it's OK! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually a bit unrelated to the original question, but do Hikvision live video / settings page work with OS X?

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What a pain in the ass. I noticed the same on my cams on multiple computers, that's why I knew Google was to blame. Thanks, zyphaz, I'll try that workaround.

Does live work work fine in IE 11? I've just never tried it.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
IE11 supports my cams fine. However, has anyone else had luck getting their hikvision to work in Chrome with the quicktime, mpeg, or VLC plugins? For MPEG i get a bad image icon at the top left (small one), for vlc and quicktime it says "no plugin detected", but that link that shows doesn't actually do anything to let me get the plugin.

Is it likely that the webmethods plugin (I don't even know who writes it) will be updated soonish?

BTW enabling npapi worked on two of my PCs in chrome, but not on the third, regardless of restarting Chrome. Just the same issue with webmethods, so that PC needs to use IE now.

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Isn't Microsoft getting ready to kill internet explorer?

Michael

n3wb
Reaction score
I also sometimes have issues using Chrome at some websites where Firefox works without problems. But subjectively Chrome is faster than Firefox.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Isn't Microsoft getting ready to kill internet explorer?
No, IE will still be around for now anyway. They are releasing a second browser called Spartan that will ship in Windows 10, but IE will also be in there so we're safe for now.

I personally do all my camera work in IE even though I use Firefox for everything else. I gave up on Chrome long ago due to constant issues with things not working correctly. I have it installed but never use it, it is very quick but is otherwise too annoying for me to use daily.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, IE will still be around for now anyway. They are releasing a second browser called Spartan that will ship in Windows 10, but IE will also be in there so we're safe for now.

I personally do all my camera work in IE even though I use Firefox for everything else. I gave up on Chrome long ago due to constant issues with things not working correctly. I have it installed but never use it, it is very quick but is otherwise too annoying for me to use daily.
This could be a reason for me to go to a dedicated software nvr and access my cameras through them, but I've really done well with the simplified approach of browsing right to them. I have a bookmark in chrome for each one. I will have to start using IE, though :(

Chrome is being weird lately. I have an FTP site with a username & pass in the bookmark and lately I'm having to plug that in sometimes. Also, Chrome is in the last week loading up my last page every time I open it, despite my smashing its settings over and over telling it to stop doing that.

JohnnyBeGood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Chrome now blocks NPAPI plugins. They announced that they were going to do this in May of 2014

http://blog.chromium.org/2014/11/the-final-countdown-for-npapi.html
http://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation

The last 10 versions of Chrome allowed you to whitelist plugins bug selecting "Allow plugin" on the top right hand side of the address bar. They've since removed that option and hid it further.

In Chrome 42 (current), You can reenable NPAPI by browsing to chrome://flags/#enable-npapi and clicking Enable NPAPI (the first item).

Note, when Chrome 45 releases in September, they will take this option away as well.
Just wanted to say big thanks for posting instructions how to enable this because I was not able to find anything online. Chrome v42.

Attachments