Can't get motion detection to work

muddypuddle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been having a lot of trouble with my new domestic system since I have installed it

Currently consists of

Dahua 4104-P NVR

IPC-HFW4431R-Z

IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS

I have selected event tab and motion detect, and checked the ENABLE and RECORD CHANNEL and made sure the REGION is totally selected with Red diagonals and then even put the sensitivity to 100 and threshold to 0 and only green recording shows up on the playback bar - there is no yellow motion detected video

I have also logged into the camera itself and used the menu there as it is better (has the live plot) and it has easily detected me going in front of it

any suggestions?

anti dither is set to 5 and delay 1 second

Strangely sometimes using the NVR web viewer I cannot get the main streams to preview on one or both cameras but they appear to be recording - and if I change the preview to sub stream they work

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think by default the NVR record schedule is only set for continuous. Check that, you may have to enable motion on each day for each camera.

Motion turned out to be too sensitive and record way to much around my house. I ended up using IVS Intrusion Detection boxes instead. Cut the false positives down to almost nothing.

muddypuddle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes you are a genius, that was the problem,

I have a cobweb already handing in front of one of the cameras swaying in the wind and that is setting it off, so will need a bit of playing around.

shame they don't have the cameras motion live plot on the NVR interface

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks aristobrat finally I was able to set a motion detection recording on my nvr. Sometime people here forget there are some common mortals too lol Thanks for the explaination !!!

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Please can someone explain me how to have access to the web service ? Andy said me that is the only place where I can set ivs rules ...My cams are connected by LAN to the nvr , nvr is connected to a internet router and my laptop is connected to the same router

muddypuddle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No SquareEyes,

I meant the running plot that looks a bit like a spectrum analysis - you can see the detection response as a live graph and adjust settings accordingly - cant seem to do that in the NVR web version

Even though I prefer the bullets to the dome, the domes don't suffer spider webs draped across the front like my bullet now does - and I will need a ladder to remove it

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No SquareEyes,

I meant the running plot that looks a bit like a spectrum analysis - you can see the detection response as a live graph and adjust settings accordingly - cant seem to do that in the NVR web version
Thanks.
Can you share a screenshot of what you are looking at?

muddypuddle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would but that means I have to do a lot of farking around - and it usually ends in me getting frustrated why it does not work anymore - I have seen it before on the net though so will try to find it

what I have to do is connect the camera to the router directly (+ a poe plug) and then set the router to the 10.1.1.60 - as my NVR has set the cams to 10.1.1.65 and so on

I have just read on another post (linked from above) that you can connect the nvr to the computer (bypassing router) and interrogate the cams from that but the NVR web interface works but the cams are still on another subnet determined by the NVRs server?

and also one of my cams (10.1.1.65) cannot be opened as I get the message "Openwave Mag proxy server" - something to do with my mobile (phone) connection I think?

I think I need a tutorial on what is the best I.P ranges to set so that you can view everything without changing anything

I still can't work out why half the time I cannot preview the main stream, only the substream - then it miraculously works

my motion seems to work well with the settings I have chosen though, recorded my sheep passing by at a distance of 10m+ at wide angle