Cant get my new Hikvision cameras ptz function to work in BI

Phil5377

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got a new Hikvision PTZ camera to add to my system, the same model that i already have. So i copied a camera and changed the ip, i can see the video but the ptz wont work. Does anyone have any ideas why it isnt working? the camera is Model DS-2DE3304W-DE

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting and adding again, this time manually entering the correct configuration like the working cam but with the different IP?

Phil5377

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting and adding again, this time manually entering the correct configuration like the working cam but with the different IP?
Yes i tried to add it the normal way the first time and when it didn't work right so i figured copying the other camera would do the trick but it didn't.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes i tried to add it the normal way the first time and when it didn't work right so i figured copying the other camera would do the trick but it didn't.
And you have gone through all the settings in BI of the problem camera to insure they mirror those of the working camera?
Refer specifically to BI's built-in 'Help' under "Cameras" => "PTZ/Control".

If you have and still no joy, have you tried performing a reset of the problem camera , logging into its webGUI, and insuring that the camera itself is properly configured (configured like the operating camera)? Initially you'd want only the IP's to be different.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This might do the trick... a twist on TonyR’s suggestion

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you initialize the camera before attempting to use BI.
Typically, you can use BI Find/Inspect once you know the IP, user name and password, enter that into BI, then find inspect.