Can't get NGROK to start automatically

Cropgun

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all.

I've been trying to get NGROK to start automatically when the computer boots up. Task Scheduler simply won't do it.

I've tried both a .cmd and a .bat file. When I double click either the .cmd or .bat file, it launches NGROK and I get a new tunnel. When I set it up so task scheduler should launch the program, nothing happens. I also told the same rule to start firefox so I know that task scheduler is working. It will launch firefox as commanded but will not launch NGROK.

Any ideas how to make this work?

-ky

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you configuring Task Scheduler to start ngrok.exe, or the .bat file? Try the .bat file.
If you're paying for ngrok: Use the ngrok service feature instead of Task Scheduler.

Cropgun

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you configuring Task Scheduler to start ngrok.exe, or the .bat file? Try the .bat file.
If you're paying for ngrok: Use the ngrok service feature instead of Task Scheduler.
I have it configured to start a .bat file. Also tired a .cmd file. When I manually double click either the .bat or .cmd file, I get the desired result. But task scheduler simply won't do it. I am not paying for ngrok.