Can't get this cam to work

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought a ipct-hdbw4432f-is a while back and a I am just getting around to setting it up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but this one is giving me a hard time. This screen shot is the error I keep getting. Any suggestions? Screenshot_20191201-222311.png

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have the correct ip address and is the username and password to connect to the camera entered correctly?

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been double, triple and quadruple checking the password and ip address but I'm pretty sure it is all entered correctly.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been double, triple and quadruple checking the password and ip address but I'm pretty sure it is all entered correctly.
How is the camera connected? Is it via a POE switch? Did you change the camera's ip address or is it set at default?

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yup, a POE switch. I hear it turn on and the ir lights light up. I just reset the password again and no dice.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yup, a POE switch. I hear it turn on and the ir lights light up. I just reset the password again and no dice.
Are you able to access the camera if you use the web browser? What's the ip configuration on the camera, pc and switch?

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, after logging on to the camera on a web browser and checking all sorts of settings, I finally noticed after about the 6th time that the port number was wrong on the video configuration. I can't believe I didn't think to look at that earlier. It now has a video feed!

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, after logging on to the camera on a web browser and checking all sorts of settings, I finally noticed after about the 6th time that the port number was wrong on the video configuration. I can't believe I didn't think to look at that earlier. It now has a video feed!
Glad you got it sorted. It's always the obvious things that are easy to miss.