Cant log into cam via browser

Har

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I haven't had to look at my cameras for a while now and maybe I'm a bit rusty, but when I type the camera's IP address into the browser (IE, Chrome or Edge) I get the same message saying the browser is not supported. As I recall before, all I did was type in the IP address then I could log into the camera. Any ideas? NB I can access the cameras through BI without any difficulty. Ta

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you attempting to access your cams from the web browser on your BI server?

Har

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I'm doing. I want to set the cameras to take the time and date from the computer/server.

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What I did on the edge browser is go to settings/ default browser/ Internet explorer compatibility/Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode (IE mode) - chose Allow / Internet Explorer mode pages- added my cameras IP address.
It might work without adding the IP address. Ive only one camera at the moment so I just added it anyways.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Many here are having positive results with the pale moon web-browser. Be sure to download the 32-bit version to ensure plug-in compatibility.

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I did on the edge browser is go to settings/ default browser/ Internet explorer compatibility/Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode (IE mode) - chose Allow / Internet Explorer mode pages- added my cameras IP address.
It might work without adding the IP address. Ive only one camera at the moment so I just added it anyways.
For what it's worth, I've given this IE mode a try in Edge, but it hasn't helped.