cant see cams on 2nd router

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i cant see cams on router B using sadp.i tried dhcp on and off from the sadp software.i dont have a laptop atm to access router B.only have desktop.desktop is located near router A.when both cams are connected to router A i can see them in sadp.but when they are connected to router B i cannot see them in sadp software.atm they are connected to router B.dhcp is on.any ideas on what to try next?

both routers are tp link 841n.

router A(ddwrt fw)- main internet router connected to cable modem

router's ip address 192.168.1.17

connected to ubiquiti antenna#1

router b(ddwrt),2nd house is 1.3 miles away(ddwrt fw)

ip address 192.168.1.18

#2 ubiquiti antenna is connected to ubquiti antenna #1(router A location).router b dhcp option is disabled.i need it disabled for ubquiti antenna to work properly.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
u mean the ip address of the cams? enabling dhcp should make them both go on the same subnet no? or how does that work?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Forgot to mention.cams are connected to tp link poe switch.then from poe to tp link router.i also enabled both cams wireless feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since you have two routers, you need two subnets otherwise each router will be giving out the same ip and causing a conflict. Although router B has 192.1.18 to connect to router A, its hosts ( rotuer B) must be on a different subnet then router A. You need to forward the cameras IP addresses on router B in order to view on router A and once again on router A if its the default gateway to access remotely.

DHCP wont work because its giving out ip addresses that are conflicting with router A. I think thats whats happening.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So if router a subnet mask is 255.255.255..0 I change router b subnet mask to 255.255.255..1?I just did a quick google search about subnet hehe.i know just a tad bit of this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So router B is not setup yet? Can you connect to router B and see what IP scheme it gives you?

255.255.255.0 wont work on both router, that would be the same subnet. So the Rotuer A could be on 255.255.255.0 with 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.255 and Router B can be on 255.255.255.128 with 10.0.0.1-10.0.0.127 but then you need to match the cameras to router B, so the cameras can get 10.0.0.2 with 255.255.255.128.

By default the cameras happen to have the same subnet as your router A, so it would be much easier to connect them to Router A to access and change the IPs accordingly to match the hosts on router B.

Can you connect to router B and see what IP it gives you as a host?

If you cant connect to them on router A or B then you need to manually adjust the IP address on your machine to match the cameras and then you can dial in by typing 192.168.1.64 ( the default IP)

I really think you should go to router B and see what IPs its giving out, thats if its properly setup.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting stuff.i would have to resume this tommorrow.using iPhone 4 and it won't let me login with iPhone.only desktop pc.pc takes forever to load up lol.night buddy.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You may have an access point and not a router which will allow for the same subnet all across, are you sure router B is indeed a router?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You may have an access point and not a router which will allow for the same subnet all across, are you sure router B is indeed a router?
All he needs to do is disable dhcp on the second router (the one not connected to the modem) and it will act as an access point...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably why he has it disabled then.
My point is there is no reason to start messing with the subnet masks, creating different subnets etc..it will complicate things....simply disable dhcp...if it doesnt work something else is going on...
OP - make sure you are pluging the ubiquiti antenna into a lan port on your router B not the wan port.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Absolutely, he mentions Router B DHCP is already disabled, definitely should go to B location and see what type of connectivity/ip its giving out, from the sound of it, it looks like everything is already setup.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see 192.168.1.105,192.168.1.108,192.168.1.143 From router a's ddrwt menu.I tried logging in to all using web browser(from router a location) and nothing logs in .two ips are from the same cam.i enabled wireless feature (on the cam)so cam has two ip.lan ip and WLAN ip.only 1 cam is connected atm.im going 1 cam at a time.till I sort this out.dhcp on router b is indeed disabled.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The antenna is plugged into lan port.nothing is plugged into wan port.hmmm I'm going to disable WLAN on cam and/or reset to default settings on both cams.hope it works.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a similar setup with two routers being used. I have allocated Router B a fixed IP address, turned off DHCP and given it Router A as the Gateway.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I reset router B (ddwrt fw) plus 2 hikvision cams to defaults.sadp don't see nothing.i then brought over router B to router A.this time I hooked up Ethernet wire to them.sadp saw the cam for a moment then I did something and now sadp doesn't see it anymore.when cams are hooked directly to router A.sadp sees them.when router B was on stock fw I had an older model hikvision(1mp) connected to it.the old cam was functioning.that same cam is not seen by sadp on the router B with ddrwt.tommorrow I will put stock fw back on router B.lets see if that will do the trick

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Here's a screen shot of one of the cams.2120 hikvision after factory default.i change gateway to router B's IP address.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well what do u know.i flashed the tp link 841n router B back to stock fw and cams are working! thanks all for helping out.after driving back and forth(1.3 miles away) trying to figure out what it was.damn u ddwrt fw lol.