Can't see hidden/disabled cameras to enable them?!

Locoblade

n3wb
Reaction score
I disabled a couple of cameras and now can't for the life of me find out how to show hidden or disabled cameras? I've done it before a long time ago and according to the help file it should be right click on the main UI to show the option in the menu, but I don't have that option.

This is all I see when I right click in the main UI area, I'm sure I'm doing something stupid but please put me out of my misery!

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Click on the red highlighted box as shown below on the top of your BI screen
1635800527561.png
Then right click on any spare space on your BI view and you should get the option below... Then repeat the above to enable normal use once you have done what you needed to do.
1635800653907.png

Locoblade

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank You!!

Has that changed recently (in the past year or so) as I'm pretty sure I didn't have to go through all that process before?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It changed with version 5.5.x.x. in the middle of September You can go back to 5.4.x.x if it is really annoying LOL (a lot of people are holding at that version due to this change).

Locoblade

n3wb
Reaction score
Now onto diagnosing the issue I was trying to resolve getting motion / Deepstack AI functional, but I'll start a new thread for that if I need it. Thanks

Locoblade

n3wb
Reaction score
It changed with version 5.5.x.x. in the middle of September You can go back to 5.4.x.x if it is really annoying LOL (a lot of people are holding at that version due to this change).
Haha, no I don't mind it now I know, I just hate it when manuals just say vague things like this which don't help (I'm guessing these words haven't been reviewed fully since the new release)

You may un-check the Enabled option to disable the camera. You will find an option in the
main window UI right-click menu to Hide disabled cameras.
You may mark a camera as Hidden, however it may still be visible in the main window UI
with a right-click menu option to Show hidden cameras.

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How do you get it back to the way it used to be where it shows disabled cameras in the local UI but not in UI3? It looks like you will now have to create a group called "enabled Cameras" to replace "all cameras" and manually assign each enabled camera to that group then create a group called "Disabled Cameras" and manually reassign each disabled camera then manually move each camera between the groups each time you want to enable or disable it. Is that correct or is there an easier way?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Create a group called hidden cameras. Put all the hidden cameras in that group. The group can also be seen in UI3 but only if you click on that group. They can remain hidden and will not appear in the all cameras group.