Cant see old camera on new router setup

Phil5377

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok hopefully someone can help me. So i moved to a new house and got new internet and a new router, i was able to get most of my cameras figured out awhile ago but i now want to set up one of my other cameras that used to be on the old setup. But when i plug it into the router and do a search i dont see it. i know the old router ip was something like 192.168.something but thats all i remember the new router starts with 10. so how do i find the camera? the camera brand is unknow to me but the label says AT-500PE.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Will you be connecting the camera to a POE switch and then to a non-POE NVR or to a PC with VMS like Blue Iris?
Or will you be connecting it to a POE NVR?

If the first option is your case, then the cam likely has a static IP in the same subnet as your old router, 192.168.1.XXX. Even the default IP of Hikvision cams is in that same subnet and is 192.168.1.64, but your off-brand cam is likely different.

So depending on your answer will come the next step. :cool:

Last edited:

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I suspect what has happened is the cameras were set to static ip addresses. The new router is set up for an IP subnet that is different than the old router. Therefore the new router won't let data pass to the cameras because it is outside of the subnet.

There are really two options. First, you can change the DHCP/ip subnet on the new router to match what you had set up on the old router (so 192.168.x.x if you can remember exactly what it was). If you have any switches connected to the network, they will need to be power cycled after the change to ensure they pick up the new addresses. Second, you can change the ip address of all the cameras to match the new routers subnet (10.x.x.x). If you remember what the IP of each camera is, you can use a computer (laptop, etc) and connect the camera directly to the computer. Set that network port up with a static IP address that is in the old ip address range (192.168.1.240 for example). You should be able to log into each camera separately using the camera's IP address. If you don't remember the camera's ip addresses, then you will need to reset the cameras by using the hardware reset button that most cameras have. This will set the device back to stock configuration (which will include a known address). Again hook the cameras directly to a computer and go through the initial set up which will include setting the camera to either DHCP or a static IP address that is in your router's subnet range.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
you could plug a PC and that old camera into the old router and see what its IP address is...then log in and change it to 10.x.x.x that matches the gateway address scheme in the new router.
Also use the PC and go to a command prompt and type in" ipconfig" see what the gateway Network address it.

1696611209836.png