Cant see two new cams on NVR

LCRadio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Our church has 30 HIK cams on a DS-9632NI-ST. It is FW version V3.3.4 build 150811, and has been rock solid for 10+ years. I purchased two new DS-2CD2H43G2-IZS cams from J&R. Using the NVR I activated them and changed their IP to be within the range of the NVR (the NVR has a Cisco POE switch, which is what our other cams are powered by). The NVR sees the cam on the Camera Setup list screen, but there is a - sign instead of a play button, which says 'unknown error'. I can not see the cams on the multicam screen.

I can log into the cams directly and see the live view.

Also, I can use IVMS4500 and go to Maintenance and Management tab, and add the cameras manually at the bottom of the list, under my NVR. Then I can drag their icon over to a spot on the Live View screen, and see the cam. But, in doing so, I dont think it is streaming to the NVR, it is just streaming to the workstation, so its not being recorded.

Suggestions?

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Possible problem 1:

Could be cisco switch, they aren't vanilla switches and needs to be configured. Same as lets say mikrotik, by default firewall rulset has bunch of stuff added that may block the traffic.

On the other hand camera discovery is done via broadcast(UDP) and stream is done via tcp device port.

To try: Unplug working camera and plug in this 1 on same port to see if its firewall on switch.

Possible problem 2:

Turn off H265 or H265+ on your camera direcly, the NVR you have does not support it.

LCRadio

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,

I plugged the new camera in place of an existing camera on the switch, no change.
I made sure the camera H265 was not turned on , and it was not.

not sure what to do now...