Cant seem to control my Hikvision setup properly

carpii

n3wb
Reaction score
I've a DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A (3.2.1 firmware), and 6 cams (5 domes DS-2CD2132F-I, 1 minidome DS-2CD2532F-IWS)
All these were bought through an authorised uk vendor

Overall everything is working, but trying to configure it how I want is proving impossible...

1) All cams are recording 24/7 to the NVR.
I have motion detection for each cam set up on the NVR, and originally I had it email me but it was triggering way too often.
Some cams also have intrusion detection configured, and these do trigger email alerts.
But it seems the NVR cannot send a thumbnail image for anything other than motion detection. Is this true? :(

2) Whenever I use event search in any of the client software (iVMS-4200 on Mac), it is only able to show the motion detection events.
There are no entries listed for intrusion detection, which is what I'm most interested in reviewing.
Should I perhaps be configuring each cam independently to do the detection, rather than configuring them on the NVR? Im kinda confused how it all fits together and which bit is responsible for what

3) Likewise when I double-click a motion detection event in iVMS, the playback starts playing 30 seconds before the actual event, which makes it really time consuming to review each event.
I cant find any way to configure this (the pre-record options on the NVR are not related to this it seems)
Even double clicking the timeline in the VMS software, will not start playing exactly where I select. It seems to round down to the closest boundary of maybe 30 or 40 seconds

4) I thought maybe Ill just use my iPad/iPhone instead, and set up push notifications.
This appears to be set up, and 'Notify surveillance center' is ticked in the NVR, but I do not get any notifications and the 'Alarms' list in the iPhone app is always empty (despite there being regular events)

5) I'm baffled by the alarm triggering, when an event occurs, you can set it to trigger A1, D1 or trigger a cam. What are these, and under what circumstances would I want the NVR to trigger the cam?
A1 and D1 are presumably Analog and Digital alarm outputs?
Is there anything I can do with these other than hook them up to a house alarm.
It would be cool if I could hook an arduino up to it somehow, and then I can probably develop everything I need based on those triggers

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: