cant use splitter...

Thecrow1

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have anew Hikvision NVR top of the line. I have a cat7 cable run only about 60 foot. I decided to use a splitter like i used many many times before to get another camera connected to the pole its on instead of digging a trench and running a new cable. Ive used two different slippters tried everything so the one PTZ ip camera will work but only the LED/infrared lights work on the second no matter what i do ive evern switched cameras. There is NO video. Tomorrow ill try to go into settings to select a long run for the cable because the settings allows short or long but Im lost here any help is appreciated thanks

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I have anew Hikvision NVR top of the line. I have a cat7 cable run only about 60 foot. I decided to use a splitter like i used many many times before to get another camera connected to the pole its on instead of digging a trench and running a new cable. Ive used two different slippters tried everything so the one PTZ ip camera will work but only the LED/infrared lights work on the second no matter what i do ive evern switched cameras. There is NO video. Tomorrow ill try to go into settings to select a long run for the cable because the settings allows short or long but Im lost here any help is appreciated thanks
The next time you run network cables underground use some 3/4" to 1" gray PVC electrical conduit and then leave a pull string in there in case you need to pull another cable or replace one. The PVC conduit also protects the cable from the elements and from being cut accidentally.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think we have all made the mistake of not pulling enough lines. I have used several of the inexpensive splitter/joiner units with only minor issues but have slowly eliminated all but 1 set.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.