Cant view camera or wifi or mobile data

Andrew10

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I recently changed added an Amplifi router and now I can access my cameras through the dmss app. Can anyone help with setting up the correct settings on my NVR.

Thanks in advance

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Did your IP address scheme change with the new router?

Andrew10

n3wb
Reaction score
I think it might have the ISP changed settings such as ipv6 and connection to pppoe I believe if that makes sense

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
It's tough to try and offer help as you haven't really told us much as to how your network is built. Need more detail there. Sometimes a network diagram is best. My working theory (I'm guessing) is that both your external IP and your internal IP schemes have changed. If you have your old router and can revert back to it as a test, you might find that your cameras come back again. This would also confirm the IP changes.

Andrew10

n3wb
Reaction score
I have old netcomm router which is bridging to the new amplifi router. The nvr is connected directly to the amplfi router

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
You are going to need to spend a little time learning about networking. All these devices run on TCP/IP and if you have no working knowledge, it's going to be difficult for you to try and figure out what's going on. Try pulling out the amplifi and go back to your original router. If everything starts working again, take note of every IP address for every PC, camera and NVR. Then, put the Amplifi back in and take note of the iP addresses and verify that the addresses are not different. If they are, you may need to revert back to the original router, access each camera and the NVR to adjust the IP address to reflect what the Amplifi is using before putting the Amplifi back in-line. Hopefully this makes sense to you.