cant view cams on 7608

dave7108

n3wb
Reaction score
I have dlink7110 and it wont connect to my 7608. If I connect the IP cam to myPC I am able to view a live feed, if I attach it to the nvr it detects the protocol ONVIF but there is a triangle which says unknown error.
The dlink is set to 192 168 1 19 static i have also given it a username and password.
any ideas?
thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are sure that you have the 'ONVIF port' correct, try a 'custom protocol' instead of ONVIF, that may be able to establish a generic RTSP connection.
If you don't know the RTSP strings for the camera, query it with the very good Windows open-source tool ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
The RTSP string can be seen at the bottom of the 'Live Video' page.

Also check if you have used the correct 'ONVIF port', from the URL at the bottom of the 'Identification' page.
It's often not the same as the HTTP port.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The 'ONVIF port' is 80, as it's just showing the default format for the URL. If it was 1018 for example, the URL would be 192.168.1.19:1018/onvif/device_service
The RTSP string is /live.sdp
And you can validate that with VLC media player, if you haven't already done so.
An option to try is either TCP or UDP instead of auto on the 'Custom protocol'.

Interesting that there are 2 IP addresses shown in ODM, the second one is a 'self-administered address', 169.x
That would be an unusual ONVIF response to one of the queries about capabilities and configuration. I wonder if it's significant to the error in the NVR?
Does the camera have WiFi and if so can you disable it as an experiment?