Cant view srcam in BLue Iris

rt4x4

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello first post here,I am having a problem connecting to a sricam ap005 in Blue Iris,I can view it in Ispy and IPcamview,but it wont connect in Blue iris,It did work until 2 days ago not it will not connect, I have tried changing my active X settings still nothing, I am using windows 7 and Kaspersky anti-virus, Any help appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did anything change two days ago? Did you update blue iris? Have you tried rebooting both the blue iris machine and the camera?

rt4x4

n3wb
Reaction score
I have rebooted both and still nothing, I can view the camera through firefox but not IE11, I have tried setting the active X contols the way you are supposed to but still nothing

Sandshark

n3wb
Reaction score
I have some interest in this camera. What do you think about it? Did you solve your problem? What configuration did you use in BI?

tsolive

n3wb
Reaction score
I have some interest in this camera. What do you think about it? Did you solve your problem? What configuration did you use in BI?
I have a cheapy sricam I've been trying to get working (at all) forever. Finally did, but like above, same issue with BI. Since I have foscams and wanscams (the sricam looks identical to the wanscam) I used the same settings, but nothing. Tried breeze21's setting and it worked.

I got this to replace the wanscam. Bought 2, but the picture went out in the other. They are cheap and finicky. I would pay more for cams that had better reliability, but price doesn't seem to matter since I read the same problems for all.

For now, I'll set this sricam back up with the other working cameras, but don't plan on replacing anymore.

tsolive

n3wb
Reaction score
You are not going to find a 'cheap' ptz that is good. Halfway decent ones start at $250.

Almost always, you are better off with multiple high quality fixed position cameras, such as the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I which you can find for under $90 each here. http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/8LZDxHe[/QUOTE] I see that has good reviews. Thanks for the heads up.

Sandshark

n3wb
Reaction score
So, in spite of negative comments here, I bought one. And I like the picture quality quite a lot, considering the cost. It is way better than the lower resolution Wanscam I had. What I found, though, is it is extremely sensitive to input voltage/current. Even a 5-foot extension cable made it not boot most of the time. Passive POE is out of the question. Active POE was the only thing I could make work. I even put in a 13.5V @ 2.5A supply (normal is 12V, 2A) and it would not provide proper inrush current and/or voltage for it over anything longer than 10 feet. With an active POE system, it works flawlessly (at least has for a few weeks now). But active POE systems rated for outdoor and/or high temperatures like in my Florida attic are expensive compared to passive POE (which I used with the Wanscam over a 45 foot run) or an extension cable (which needed to be about 15 feet).

And while I was waiting for the camera to come from China, BI added it as a supported camera.

I contacted the manufacturer and, in rather broken English, they tried to sell me their active POE that's not rated for outdoors -- for an outdoor camera. I told them that the sensitivity to power was a design flaw because an outdoor camera should not require a nearby power outlet (from which it could be disconnected to disable it), and they just tried to sell me their POE system again. I'm not sure if they didn't understand or thought that I didn't know what I'm talking about. Their loss -- I'm an engineer and very much do.

So, if you are going to use this where it's going to be mounted more than 6 feet from a power outlet, be prepared to invest in an active POE system or be prepared for problems.

hawk521

n3wb
Reaction score
If you grow weary of the erratic behavior of the Sricam AP005 in BI, try defining it as a FOSCAM MJPEG camera. It worked for me.

My only issue now is the lack of a focus button in BI for this camera. It doesn't do autofocus, so when accessing via BI the zoom feature isn't useful. Perhaps this will be fixed one day. Or maybe someone can advise of a way to invoke "auto-focus" on this camera? :)

Sandshark

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm hoping that a firmware update will correct the autofocus deficiency. But since I mostly use it for viewing specific areas and the focus is included in the pre-sets, it still has usefulness to me. Unlike what another poster has said, this is much more useful than several fixed-point cameras, especially when their IR illuminators would overlap.

Everyone who has one of these should contact tech@sricctv.com and ask about the false advertising of autofocus and whether a firmware update is available to correct it.

I suppose we could also ask BI to add focus buttons. Perhaps some multi-purpose buttons that could be defined as focus for these cameras and something else (like iris control) for others.

hawk521

n3wb
Reaction score
My Sricam AP005 camera works fine...until I enroll it into Blue Iris. Once Blue Iris is configured to control the camera, all is well for perhaps a day. At some point (perhaps when I use Blue Iris to reposition or zoom the camera), things go bad. Blue Iris suddenly and inexplicably cannot get a video image from the camera. It's error message varies at times - somewhat dependent on whether I have it setup as a "Sircam AP005" or as a FOSCAM MJPEG, or something else. Once Blue Iris loses its ability to view the camera image, I can no longer access the Sricam via its local IP web interface either. Eventually I give up and do a power cycle reboot - and it comes back to life and works again until I foolishly hook it back up using Blue Iris.

It is my theory that something about the Blue Iris camera driver(s) cause something in the camera to go fubar, and nothing revives it until a reboot.

Any other ideas or suggestions would be most welcome. I'm hopeful that Blue Iris will figure this out and update the Sricam driver option. Time will tell.

Meanwhile I can use the Sricam in stand alone mode. It works fine this way - but I surely miss the ability to integrate it within Blue Iris with my other cameras.

hawk521

n3wb
Reaction score
Well - I bricked my Sricam AP005. Entirely my fault. Was trying to resolve some intermittent problems with the AP005 when I happened upon a web site featuring the IPCC 7210W camera. In Blue Iris, I had used the IPCC 7210W driver with good results - which got me thinking... Visually the 7210W is identical to the Sricam AP005. And the specifications provided by both vendors are identical, and read exactly the same in every way. I eventually found a view of the url web page the 7210W utilizes and it is so close to identical to the AP005 interface that I concluded that they were the precise same hardware being offered under two trade names. I was only partly correct.

As it happened, there is a firmware upgrade download for the IPCC 7210W that was many versions newer than the one on my AP005. So I took a leap of faith. Downloaded the firmware updates (there are two separate firmwares. One for the camera itself and one for the web interface of the camera.) I uploaded each to my Sricam AP005. The upload went flawlessly and didn't complain. In fact when it was done, I was able to login to the camera again and was pleased to note that the interface had changed ever so slightly - and looked exactly like the one I had seen from the IPCC 7210W web site. Initially I was quite pleased with myself that I had worked around the lack of a Sricam provided firmware upgrade for my AP005. I was able to go through the (very familiar) setup features and configure the WiFi, setup working email notifications, and ftp site storage. All tested okay.

The only problem was a lack of video signal coming from the AP005. Every other feature I could test worked flawlessly, but I had no image. Changing the resolution did not help. Playing with the various video parameters had no effect. Setting the camera to defaults and rebooting did not restore the video.

After exhausting my options to restore the video I have reconciled myself to the fact that I bricked my camera. My fault. Not the first time I ever did something that didn't work out. But frustrating because I know how to fix it - but cannot not find a Sricam AP005 firmware anywhere!

So - with hat in hand, I contacted Sricam (sricctv.com), explaining my need for the firmware and requesting a copy of the current firmware for my camera (or a link to a web site where I could download it. . After several emails, I eventually got a reply from Kevin Zhu, wanting to understand how my camera had failed. I explained all the above to him and presently am awaiting his verdict on whether I can receive the firmware file to reinstall on my camera. I remain optimistic. :)

FWIW, I did find a web site (Sricam.it) that shows a download link for Sricam AP005 firmware. But the link is broken and I was unsuccessful in my plea to the web site administration to provide a corrected link. I'll keep looking - but neither Google, Yahoo, nor Bing has found this firmware. So if it is out there it is not on a published web site.

Hey - it isn't all bad. Only one of the two AP005s I purchased is dead. So instead of having two working cameras for $324, I have only one. It would be great if that camera had better firmware too - but that remains in the hands of Sricam tech support.

-Hawk521

hawk521

n3wb
Reaction score
Just in case it helps someone else, I did find the oem firmware for my Sricam AP005. It exists in the discussion on http://www.dx.com/pt/p/qgs-ipc031-waterproof-wireless-outdoor-720p-h-264-ip-camera-w-42-ir-led-5x-optical-zoom-white-300229

As it happens, the QGS-ipc031 camera is an identical twin of the Sricam AP005 - even down to the exact same versions of firmware. The good folks on that discussion forum were a bit more helpful than Sricam tech support and now my camera has its second life. The only thing better would be if I could find a newer version of the firmware. But at least I am back to the beginning.

-Hawk521

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hawk521, could you please post the location of the oem firmware for the Sricam AP005 here in this forum? I have that
camera and, as you know, it has problems and I would like to have the firmware just in case! I went to the site that you
posted above and can not find said firmware! Thanks!

hawk521

n3wb
Reaction score
I found the link in this forum discussion:

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1378318

It was indeed the EXACT same version of firmware that came installed on my Sricam AP005.

I had no problems installing it. And it restored my camera to working condition.

My disappointment with Sricam support over this cannot be overstated.

Hawk

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hawk, as I said, I can not and do not see the link you refer to. There are several links and none lead me to
the firmware.....can you not just post the exact link to the firmware here in this forum so that anyone using
the Sricam AP005 can access it? Thanks big time!

hawk521

n3wb
Reaction score
hawk, as I said, I can not and do not see the link you refer to. There are several links and none lead me to
the firmware.....can you not just post the exact link to the firmware here in this forum so that anyone using
the Sricam AP005 can access it? Thanks big time!
Scroll down the discussion and look for the files that end with .rar. They are kind of like ZIP files, in that they contain compressed versions of other files.

Download the .rar file(s) and among the things you should find are several files ending with .bin - those are the firmware files. One is firmware for the camera itself. The other is firmware for the web url of the camera. Both are installable within the camera's existing software.

If you still can't find them, IM me your email address and I'll email them to you. (I'm assuming this site has IM capability!?!?)

U should be able to click on http://m5.img.dxcdn.com/CDDriver/img/300229firmware.rar and get the file I am talking about.

Hawk

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Hawk....I did download that .rar file but didn't know if that actually had the firmware since
I didn't know what the file name should be....and now, thanks to you, I know.......THANKS!