Capture on Hikvision NVR. Working on 7600 also?

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello again,

more questions about the 7608NI-I2/8P. On "Storage">"Schedule Settings" there is a "Record Schedule" (Question on this thread: Record Schedule, what is that? (Hikvision)) and next to it there is a "Capture", with "Capture Schedule" and "Capture Parameters". Looks like the Record Schedule tab. What does it do?! Why is it there and you can enable and disable and change everything but never does nothing? The manual says "The capture is supported by DS-9600NI-I8 only." but if that is true, then why is it there and selectable and not give an error like "No VCA device available.", "The camera does not support the function", etc like when you try to access options that the system/camera does not support?

Someone with a news firmware than 3.3.7 on 7608NI-I2 can confirm if these options are still there for you?

Thanks!

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well either Hikvision don't have a clue about what their products do or there is something that I don't get.. After playing around and setting on the "Capture Schedule" an "Event" for all weekdays, changing some "Capture Parameters" and enabling some Basic and/or Smart events, it looks like this option actually works on the 7600 series as well!! When I had the basic/smart event triggering I also got some snapshots (704*480 is the max selectable setting) of the same time! Despite the fact that the manual says it is for 9600 only.... This company keeps surprising me!

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes but on the manual it says it is only for DS9600! I didn't just write it, i copy&pasted from the manual pdf.. That's why I am telling you people in Hikvision don't have a clue what their products do...
Emails are working with 3.3.7, why do you say that you doubt they would? Also the link you gave it is for DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4... There is another on for NI-I2 (76 77 96 NI-I), might have the same updates but I would rather download from the correct folder..