car door checkers...

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL was watching the videos on here tonight and was like there havent been any car breakins in a while... and what do you know i watch it live a few hours later :)
http://tinypic.com/r/2d0l8wk/8

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Damn, at your house? This whole thing is very popular in my neighborhood also.

stevejay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think there's kind of an informal effort among the criminal element to make door-checking just something you are supposed to now accept as part of daily life. Much like tagging has become in some neighborhoods. I had a friend who saw a pair of young guys going down his alley in broad daylight, blatantly checking every residential garage door that faced the alley. Not even trying to be inconspicuous about it. Sort of an attitude like: "Get used to it. This is the new normal." What's worse is, when he called 911 they gave him sort of an argument about doing anything about it. ("Checking doors is all they're doing? Nothing more than just that?" etc etc. ) He could tell the cops aren't interested in it, either.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Whenever I see this on my videos, I make it a point to call my local PD and ask if there have been any reports of car break-ins on my street. If so, I let them know I have video that may be of interest. A few years ago, it helped ID/convict a 19yo kid (who was already on probation).