Car Doors Checked

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just some upstanding citizens making sure my doors were locked last night. One of the them was doing his part in reducing covid by wearing a mask. Not sure if he knew I had a camera but he walked up pretty non chalantly.

I was dead asleep since we had been on vacation for a couple days and didn't even hear the blue iris notification. Had gotten home around 1030pm and been traveling all day. In fact, the van usually gets parked in the garage but we left it outside to make it easier to unload everything.

How does this get reported since technically there was no "crime" committed?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Just some upstanding citizens making sure my doors were locked last night. One of the them was doing his part in reducing covid by wearing a mask. Not sure if he knew I had a camera but he walked up pretty non chalantly.

I was dead asleep since we had been on vacation for a couple days and didn't even hear the blue iris notification. Had gotten home around 1030pm and been traveling all day. In fact, the van usually gets parked in the garage but we left it outside to make it easier to unload everything.

Looks like you could use a license plate camera or two.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Attempted theft, tresspass with intent, going equipped etc depends on your laws.

Pity you don't have a camera to pick up the licence plate of that silver / grey sedan. Unsure of the make as it's a US model.

Reaction score

it would be awesome to have a rubber mannequin drop from overhead dripping fake blood, I can just see someone crapping their pants as they run away

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
HaHa, perfectly legal here now in N.Y. We just have to get to the root cause of why they are doing this, perhaps they are just looking for a meal in your car, they are just saving their money to pay the rent, get use to it, its quite acceptable now, good chance they were arrested last night and released today, here in NY that is a everyday statistic and our police and D.A. can't do squat about it. Our great leaders sure got this one right with NY bail reform laws. Its working Great here in NY and it will be coming to a city or state near you soon.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
HaHa, perfectly legal here now in N.Y. We just have to get to the root cause of why they are doing this, perhaps they are just looking for a meal in your car, they are just saving their money to pay the rent, get use to it, its quite acceptable now, good chance they were arrested last night and released today, here in NY that is a everyday statistic and our police and D.A. can't do squat about it. Our great leaders sure got this one right with NY bail reform laws. Its working Great here in NY and it will be coming to a city or state near you soon.

california is the same way... sucks.

for those saying call the police to take the report.... they wont even show up anymore...