• Total voters

janbo

n3wb
Reaction score
2017-04-09 11.47.15.jpg

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like a very old vga dual port card which haven't been used in the past 15 years
Being a PCI Express card, I don't quite date it as old. But, still quite old, I believe.

Googling around, the company is called Techwell (as the name is shown on the chips). Seems that they have been around for a while, and saw a news article from 2016 where they are now making standalone dvr products.

yobigd20

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The connectors give it away. I think it's an old school video capture card with dual IDE channels.

I've never seen a combination like this so I'm assuming it's some very very old all-in-one solution for DVR or video surveillance capture direct to disk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being a PCI Express card, I don't quite date it as old. But, still quite old, I believe.

Googling around, the company is called Techwell (as the name is shown on the chips). Seems that they have been around for a while, and saw a news article from 2016 where they are now making standalone dvr products.
No reason for VGA no reason it's old very old..

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
More info on the chip...

TW6816 has the versatility to support a wide variety of video applications, including decoding and transferring 4 channel real-time D1 video, or 16 channel non real-time D1 video, and supporting multiple video display formats such as D1, half D1 and CIF.
With that said, seeing 2 of those chips, this looks like an 8 channel capture card. The manufacturer still produces the chip, but says that it is not recommended for new designs.

janbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Think I bought it from a company with the name of cheery in it.