Cash for support, debricking Hikvision ds-2cd2332-I camera

ejb5oh

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: What is the de-bricking process for HIKVision camera and NVR firmware updates?
Support for payment.

Dealin with bricked ds-cd2332 European model cameras hooked to my USA nvr. I tried to downgrade camera to 5.2.5 version fw but all I get to is "file transfer completed". It seems the camera then disconnects from TF server and fires up. Fw downgrade doesn't seem to take.

Ironic thing is all worked fine until I upgraded nvr.

If you can help me get these four cameras working again, I'll pay you 200 bucks via PayPal. Have spent two days and endless ideas trying so far.

UPDATE: I fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what's the serial number (example) and what version of firmware was originally on it/them?

ejb5oh

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally figured it out, one last thing I tried. I went to http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/V5.3.0 build 150814(new)/ and grabbed the latest version of the firmware. There was an IP issue. I noticed this IP issue too when I was using SADP but because I could not access the cameras, I could not reconfigure. This latest FW reported to have fixed that issue.

I then TFT each camera, updated the FW to 5.3.0 150814 and BAM!! They are all working again.

Thanks, I really did learn a lot from this site to get this far.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you didn't spot that when you do a tftp update, the camera configuration is cleared, so the default IP address comes into play, either 192.0.0.64 or 192.168.1.64 depending on when the camera was manufactured.
That's why SADP is such a useful tool - it finds the cameras across different IP subnets, and allows you to change the IP address to your normal range where you can then access the web GUI.
But for newer firmware - be sure to use the V3.x version of SADP which also deals with the 'device activation' process. : http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html

ejb5oh

n3wb
Reaction score
Ha ha! Yes I do, think I'll go invest that into some more cameras. ;)

ejb5oh

n3wb
Reaction score
SADP tool was great in identifying that as you point out Alastairstevenson. However, it was useless in allowing me to modify the camera. I have no idea what the login name and passcode are. I can affirmatively say they were no the default as so many on the internet state.