Cat Saves Toddler from Dog

pcmcg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
a lot of interesting comments on this one:

"Who the hell has so freaking many cameras set up outside their home? I kind of want to say this footage is suspect just because it involves multiple cameras. "
"Way to go, kitty! Weird that this family has so many cameras around the house though..."
"How paranoid is this family that they have at least THREE cameras running at all times?"

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
a lot of interesting comments on this one:

"Who the hell has so freaking many cameras set up outside their home? I kind of want to say this footage is suspect just because it involves multiple cameras. "
That cat was pretty epic, and they can kiss ass excuse my french, people have so many cameras up because of scumbags who like to mess with other people's belongings.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
It was three cameras. I have eight. The one in the front is not TDN with ir cut, lol. Cheap cameras but they caught it. If it's a set up, the animals deserve an Academy, as do the trainers.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It was three cameras. I have eight. The one in the front is not TDN with ir cut, lol. Cheap cameras but they caught it. If it's a set up, the animals deserve an Academy, as do the trainers.
I am up to 3 cameras now, am I already at my limit? :p The funnest part is all the fun things I can do with them, my current project is hooking up an external motion sensor, I am thinking this will be the only way to go with motion detection. :D

camwhore

n3wb
Reaction score
The cat took off so fast after the dog it looked like it had been launched, what an animal!

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Super cat! Love it! I don't know if ours would come to the rescue. They're brave and they launch fast, checking out action, but I don't know if they'd go after a dog that's already attacking.

Regarding the cameras. I see nothing wrong. Simply getting good coverage. Just think of an elongated property, some trees, fence, ... maybe not being able to do it with one. So, ordinarily that close to the road you may need two to cover from the left corner and right corner. They just have a third cam that overlooks a side gate; thus splitting the coverage over three cameras. If anything it proves the owner has things well covered and he/she or the installer knew how to get coverage with the equipment at hand, even if it is a kit from the big box store.

I hope the negligent neighbor gets slapped with the medical bills etc for letting his dog attack a child.

I've been "attacked" and nearly bitten by dogs as a child and I still have a very hard time trusting medium to large dogs. It didn't help either to have a neighbor for a while with a dozen untrained pit bulls which would either escape or he'd just let them run loose and wander off unsupervised while he's out on his property. One hand you think it makes the neighborhood a little safer from burglars, but getting mad pit bulls come onto you, snarling, growling, ... gets old real quick! I pretty much had to make sure I always had a shovel or something in hand. Geez. Brings back memories.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Super cat! Love it! I don't know if ours would come to the rescue. They're brave and they launch fast, checking out action, but I don't know if they'd go after a dog that's already attacking.

Regarding the cameras. I see nothing wrong. Simply getting good coverage. Just think of an elongated property, some trees, fence, ... maybe not being able to do it with one. So, ordinarily that close to the road you may need two to cover from the left corner and right corner. They just have a third cam that overlooks a side gate; thus splitting the coverage over three cameras. If anything it proves the owner has things well covered and he/she or the installer knew how to get coverage with the equipment at hand, even if it is a kit from the big box store.

I hope the negligent neighbor gets slapped with the medical bills etc for letting his dog attack a child.

I've been "attacked" and nearly bitten by dogs as a child and I still have a very hard time trusting medium to large dogs. It didn't help either to have a neighbor for a while with a dozen untrained pit bulls which would either escape or he'd just let them run loose and wander off unsupervised while he's out on his property. One hand you think it makes the neighborhood a little safer from burglars, but getting mad pit bulls come onto you, snarling, growling, ... gets old real quick! I pretty much had to make sure I always had a shovel or something in hand. Geez. Brings back memories.

Not to be a jerk but I wasn't too happy with the mom letting the kid ride a bike that close to the road either.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know.

But it seems a quiet-ish residential cul-de-sac type area, the adult (or teenager) was within visual range and and I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that the little boy had already proven himself to be a responsible kid on a bike so they didn't need to be at arms length, and could let him ride circles on the paved area in the front, without entering the street.

I know I used to roam beyond our driveway, up and down a fairly quiet residential street alone to the end of the street (150 yards) with my bike and go-cart once I was a bit older.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
That was an unrestrained dog, no leash, no owner in sight. They have a case to sue. Unless it was their dog, in which case they are lucky it bit one of their own. That's why you can't have dogs roaming around unrestrained. They are unpredictable in nature.