Catalytic converter theft in 20 seconds

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So they won't let you shoot them, yet we get this great quote...“The law doesn’t require law enforcement officers to protect you from other people,” said Rodney Jacobs, assistant director of the Civil Investigative Panel, a police oversight committee for the city of Miami.

So were the police waiting for the homeowner to shoot this guy and then arrest the homeowner? The police sat around the corner for 15 minutes and let the perp bust out the glass door.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So they won't let you shoot them, yet we get this great quote...“The law doesn’t require law enforcement officers to protect you from other people,” said Rodney Jacobs, assistant director of the Civil Investigative Panel, a police oversight committee for the city of Miami.

So were the police waiting for the homeowner to shoot this guy and then arrest the homeowner? The police sat around the corner for 15 minutes and let the perp bust out the glass door.

It’s Coward County. Remember the high school shooting? The Sheriff Dept down there is a fucking joke

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We're worried about the CCP Virus being contagious when stupidity is the true epidemic and threat.
Tell me about it.

I buckle up my seat belt, look both ways before I cross the street, do my best to observe rules/ways to mitigate getting or transmitting COVID-19 but in the past week have avoided TWO morons driving over the center line, 3 to 6 feet over on my side of the road, head down, looking at or texting on phone!

So no, I'm not worrying about COVID taking me out.........

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
And then we have these against homeowners...

I couldn't find the article, but I also once read of a homeowner being fed up that people were stealing from his gas tanks, so he filled one with water and the robber sued for ruining his vehicle when he used the stolen gas.
The problem with the two linked crimes above is in both cases according to the reports as I read them, the assaults allegedly continued after the criminal had surrendered.

In my opinion, the 3rd one might hinge on whether malicious intent could be proved on behalf of the homeowner, ie whether he set a trap or merely decided to use one of the cans for water. It's also going to depend on local laws on the legality of settting "traps".

As these are old cases, it would be interesting to know the outcomes.

Reaction score
not much u can do but at least you got video proof of the crime.
if theres a will theres a way, they have the means and the know how, cops are useless even if u called them at the second theyre on your driveway, response time is too long. maybe a big dog chained to the truck but depends if the thieves would be willing to take the dog out of the picture