Cats Caught On Camera

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Years 2015/2023 Starting our 8th year - Cat Photo Listing update October 13th, 2023
Cats Caught On Camera Doing Their Sneaky Things & Whatever Else Shows Up.
The residential neighborhood cat collection and other animals documented

I decided to start documenting our local neighborhood CAT LIFE we have here on our street. I know it's pretty anal, but if there are no burglars, thieves, or crack heads on video and only cats...why not.
We have several night time felines hunting the neighborhood around our home during all hours. Hardly a day goes by that I don't spook a cat that is resting in some hidden little spot, as I walk out to my car or garage. They all seem to have homes that they check in at daily and are let out at night to go do their sneaky cat things.
The owners are smart enough to leave them collar free which is an important safety issue if you own a cat and let it out to prowl at night. They are always squeezing through tight spots and lurking in the bushes and not having a collar on can be a blessing if they get caught up somewhere. Collars can also be noisy and make it hard to sneak up on your cat friends or catching them nasty mice.
I have also posted the breed of cat, friendliness, Camera#, Home location, and if they travel alone or as a team, the best I can.
Anyway, as I manage to catch all the many occasional night dwellers on camera, I will update this image with their fury mug shots. Some are more luckier then others to be able to go out and play with their friends, In addition to the cold weather changes as well.
Here are images of the latest little fur bags that thought no one was watching them. :rolleyes:

Cats Camera.jpg

The Main Animal photo image captures above has been Updated On October 13, 2023
At this point, I think I might be capturing a couple cats that are the same one, just a different time of the day. I have probably found them all for this territory of the block. I know there are 2 more, a Siamese and a Calico down at the very end of the street, but they never come up this way. I am surprised that this many share this area, though it seems they are let outside randomly and rarely cross paths with each other. I know they must be curious about other cats because they seem to be searching most the time and not staying in one place for more then a minute or so.
I have also noticed that they use a shared gate for my neighbor and I that leads to our back alley, There are many dirty paw marks on the fence and this is the safest crossing to our street side of the home with no harassment from a dog. All these cats are actually rather intelligent enough to avoid crossing the street when traffic is heavy too, not like the dog. I doubt a cat would even give the dog a warning if one of them saw it bolt into our busy street if a car was coming.

View attachment The Raccoon & Cat_6-8-23.mp4

Camera captures a wild Raccoon being followed by a domestic Cat
I wouldn't of believed it if I didn't capture it. This raccoon and cat seem to be tolerant of each other as one follows the other. Obviously the cat is cautious as it should be hanging with an animal that has thumbs. This is one of my favorite captures which include 4 deer walking down the sidewalk in the middle of they city.
Cat Stalking Cat, Gets Stalked Himself and then Vanishes
Caught a Cat stalking another cat on camera yesterday. Looks to be the cats I have posted shots of above. I watched the video of the stalking and it was quite humorous. The Tuxedo cat strolling on the sidewalk is being stalked by another cat at the bottom right of screen. Soon as the black cat went out of view from the stalking cat, the stalker ran towards the sidewalk to it's next location for a surprise attack. Funny thing though is the black cat took a left up our steps and vanished from the stalking cats view. The black cat then back tracked around to investigate noise he heard or something and began stalking the cat that was stalking him. Though he ended up losing site of him as well. You could actually see the confusion in the black cat's movement as he could of sworn something was following him. At this time, the movement became minimum and the camera stopped recording.
being stalked.jpg
(click image to expand)
Not long afterwards, these 2 were spotted stalking each other at house next door's porch area. The neighbor pulled up and it was dark outside as he got out of car. Him and his dog came up his walkway and one of the cats could be seen standing almost in the path of the owner & dog. The cat turned into a statue as they approached until he was spotted by the dog. Pretty hilarious as the dog made chase, going around the back of his owner and almost put his owner on his ass with the leash, wrapping around owners legs. The cat was gone in a second, but you could see the dog poking out 2-3 times as the owner regained control.
2 Mice Caught on Security Camera
Caught 2 mice on camera the other night. As I viewed the video they appeared from the planter, one first then the second. After sitting for a short moment, the first one scurried across the walkway and soon after the second one followed. Not more then 5 minutes later, the Tuxedo cat shows up and does some investigating in the area there.
2Mice.jpg
(click image to expand)
Caught the brand new neighbor's dog running loose on our street

The guy next door just moved in with a border collie mix dog. The dog barks and needs a shock collar. I imagine he will not be happy when he gets home and finds his dog missing, though it will be much quieter if it never returns.
The dog was actually lucky a car didn't find him because he was just irresponsibly running back and forth across the busy street.
My conscience got to me and I decided after thinking about it for a bit, to heard the dog back into his owners backyard next door. I'm sure I would of wanted someone to do the same for me if it ever happened.
I never mentioned it to the owner and don't expect to. The dog owes me one though!

dog.jpg
(click image to expand)

A group of Sparrows with an IP camera fetish
A Group of Sparrow Birds are video taped as they seem to have a fetish with one of my IP Cameras. I can't tell if they are frustrated, confused, or just having a silly fetish with seeing themselves in the lens reflection. About 15-20 minutes later the Tuxedo cat was spotted lurking around and went under the red truck in the video. He always seems to appear when the smaller animals make an appearance and shortly vanish afterwards.
April 3, 2016
Caught a Large Racoon in the Yard
Early this morning April 3, 2016 a large Racoon came through the property. Notice the size of this thing as it crosses the car driveway. Pulling into our driveway allows a foot of space on both sides of a vehicle. I figure this curious animal is about 3 to 3½ feet long.
big racoon.jpgcoon.jpg
(click image to expand)
June 27, 2017
Caught a Racoon on Driveway
Early this morning June 27, 2017 Another Racoon was caught on security cameras.
coon2.jpg
(click image to expand)

September 20, 2017
Early this morning another large Racoon came through the property.
rac.jpg
(click image to expand)
October 31, 2017 - Halloween Night

Caught Racoon Walking the Street on Halloween Night
Only 9:05pm Halloween Night this Racoon was spotted & thankfully no kids out.
Halloween_coon.jpg
(click image to expand)
November 17, 2017

11:30pm, another large Racoon came through the property.
coon.jpg
(click image to expand)
February 7, 2018

Our Racoon Friend is Back Again
1:40am visit by the neighborhood Racoon.
coon.jpg
(click image to expand)
June 24, 2018

Mother Racoon & 3 babies
3:30am visit by the neighborhood Racoon and babies.
Coon_babies.jpg
(click image to expand)
July 9th, 2016
Caught One of Our Little Sh*ts Outside Without Permission (Niko), Niko has since past away (Bless her heart)
Well, I never would of thought we be posting an image of one of our cats, Niko... caught on camera, lol. This little sh*t sneaked out an open window and decided to explore outside without us at 4:00AM. She is a very curious and independent brat that has a hard time listening to us. It's getting close to the time she is fitted with a bell if she keeps it up. Niko and her late brother Cami originally were shipped from Ohio to us. Cami developed Leukemia at an early age and had to be put down at about 3 yrs old. He was the most special cat in my life and is missed dearly. † We got a saved Siamese male cat to keep Niko company. They care for each other very much, but as time went on we noticed Gringo also had issues and came to find out he had severe diabetes. Gringo had to be put down as well, so another sad story. We then found a Siamese male kitten (Thai) to keep Niko company and he is doing very well. October 30th 2017 he turned one year old and is doing incredible. He has grown to almost 20lbs and is twice the size of Niko now. We hope his life is a long and happy one. Niko later on had to be put down for a 9 year fight with Luhkemia. She was a fighter and gave us happiness, bless her heart.
Soon after, we picked up a saved young female Siamese to keep Thai company. Pretty close in ages, she took on to Thai, but Thai just seems to put up with her. He is slowly falling for her though. Both are doing extremely well and should live a long happy life together.

Niko.jpg
(click image to expand)

Thank You IPCAMTALK.com for this area to share this thread. :)
We continue our project of documenting passing animals that set off the triggers on our camera system. I would of never known I would take it this long, but I have. Thank you IPCAMTALK.com for allowing me this craziness. It continues to be as interesting as the first day. From mice to a family of 4 Raccoons, to 4 deer walking down our street in the middle of town. The best part is having the cameras do their jobs by catching car thieves and prowlers, including an armed meth addict gunman shooting up the neighborhood from across the street. Entire scenario was caught on my cameras and posted onto Youtube.com. You just never know what is going on until you mount a camera and watch.

Last edited:

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Haha this is golden! Cant wait! We have 14 or so cats in our neighbourhood of 12 homes, so all I have on video are cats too!

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Funny - I had this guy several weeks ago play havoc with my motion alert emails for several days. Every day mid day it was like someone near us came home and let him out and he found his way to our porch for some reason.... Would hang out for 10 min or so, then take off. This went on for around week.

4mp still example.jpg

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We get squirrels that torment cats. I use to think cats were very intelligent animals until I saw a squirrel making a cat run around a tree looking for him and he just sat above on a branch and watched the silly cat do laps, lol. Well, perhaps it was a dorky cat because our 2 Siamese would of had that squirrels nuts with no problem at all.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I spy on my rescue kitty all the time. My kitty loves to follow me around like a dog when I'm outside working on things. If she hears the front door open she will come running. One day I was going outside to work, and I was working in this one spot for about 20 minutes and the kitty followed me around that area. Kitty took off for a couple of minutes and I went inside for a second to grab something. I check the cameras and I see kitty come back and she's looking around, she then takes a lap around the house looking for me. I love my kitty

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the comment about the Maine Coon. "Friendly - Extremely, almost a pest".

Now THAT'S a Maine Coon for ya! Friendliest, most loving cat we've ever had was a Maine Coon who just moved into our back yard and hung around. He'd just lay in a snow drift, and not seem to care about the wind and cold.

Of course, we started feeding him, and made an outdoor "cat house" for him because he would not let us approach him. He lived outside, not letting us get near him for a year or more. That is, until my son sat down and just "cat whispered" him for about 45 minutes one night until he finally approached and let him pet and scratch him. After that, it was like flipping a switch. He really loved all of the attention he could get.

But at first, he would come inside our house only if we left a door propped open so he could see and have a good escape route. Then, over a few months, he moved more indoors but still wanted to go out most of the time. Over the years, as he got older, he got to where he mostly wanted to go out only when the weather was good. And eventually, he became a completely indoor cat.

He was one of the most affectionate lap cats we ever had. And, he was fantastic with all of our other cats, too. Super gentle and nurturing to all of them.

He lived to be over 24 years old, and to this day, we miss him badly, and would love to find another male Maine Coon.

We get a lot of cats, squirrels, birds, dogs, and deer triggering our cameras. One night, one of the regular cats showed up, but with a large area of his back shaved! We asked a neighbor and she said the cat had tangled with a dog and the vet shaved him to get to the wounds. How embarrassing for the poor kitty!

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
We get squirrels that torment cats. I use to think cats were very intelligent animals until I saw a squirrel making a cat run around a tree looking for him and he just sat above on a branch and watched the silly cat do laps, lol. Well, perhaps it was a dorky cat because our 2 Siamese would of had that squirrels nuts with no problem at all.
Squirrels and chipmunks used to run our dog ragged, and I never thought he could catch any of them. That is, until when backpacking in the boonies one time, he pooped out a chipmunk! That might have been the one and only time he got one, but who knows? Squirrels sure do love to torment dogs and cats, it seems!

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OMG PERFECT!!! :goodpost:

I occasionally put a catnip mousie on my porch to see who shows up on the porch cams.