Caught this on my camera

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Most likely a close up of a defocused spider. I see it all the time. Great video of your front porch post though. I would move your camera to get better view w/o all the IR reflection. How can you see anything?

Rob_blum

n3wb
Reaction score
Great view of that post! It's giving the camera fits with reflected IR. Either move the camera to get the post out of the view or add an external IR illuminator and shut of the IR in the camera. It'll improve the video immensely.
the IR is not on. there is a light below the camera and the view is real bad with the IR on.

Rob_blum

n3wb
Reaction score
Then the only choice is relocate the camera. A "duhhhh" moment not remembering the video was in color...duhhhhh
thats Ok I am looking for and external IR thanks for letting me know. I
I have had that camera there for 2 years and this is the first time I caught that. I will keep and eye out for it again and then move the camera.

Rob_blum

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Be aware that they all have a dull red glow to the human eye. They can be seen but aren't particularly noticeable.

I use a few of the smaller ones and they project out about 60-100' with a pattern about 50' wide at the wide point.