CBDC (Central Bank Digital Currency)

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
So the hot thing of today is "crypto-based exchange-traded funds" :rofl: how about
beat them all to the punch, the next big thing "crypto-based air"!:idk:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
“We’re sorry, you’ve used up your monthly allotment of air credits. Please try again after the 1st of the next month.”

* alternately you can choose to exchange some of your food credits for air credits via the Universal Credit Exchange.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The big picture is becoming more clear. It should scare the living shit out of those with critrical thinking abilities, for the other 50+% of Americans, well, it will at least be fun watching them as they discover how fucked they truly are...

BIS: CBDC Roll-Outs May Require Changing The Constitution
BIS: CBDC Roll-Outs May Require Changing The Constitution | ZeroHedge

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When Facebook first came out I watched family/friends quickly jump on that Gossip network, freely/blindly posting Everything they were doing and purchasing. I really see the Majority doing the same with CBDC, except this time they/we will not have much of a choice. The Majority is now fully programmed to freely give up their daily activities.

I am sure I will be Red Flagged because of my Christian/Conservative beliefs/views.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
"Shut Up... Or Else!"
"Shut Up... Or Else!" | ZeroHedge

........ As far as globalists are concerned, everyday people cannot be trusted to make the right decisions on these fundamental issues. They also can’t be trusted to vote for the “proper” political candidates. Such decisions should be placed beyond democratic control to the greatest extent possible, globalists believe.

To globalists, the moral arc of the universe bends in one direction, and that’s toward increasing globalization. Populism and protectionism are therefore moral evils that must be condemned.

Freezing their enemies out of the banking and financial system is a powerful tool elites can use to punish their enemies and deter dissent.

And when CBDCs arise, it will be easier than ever. Get ready.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^^^
20 years ago I’d have called you a nutjob. many, maybe as much as 50-60% of the US population would still think that.

…. but I’m afraid you’re spot on and that it will get worse, much worse, and much quicker than most are willing to admit.

….

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
FedNow Is Live And The Framework Is In Place For CBDCs
FedNow Is Live And The Framework Is In Place For CBDCs | ZeroHedge

FedNow is live at 35 banks.
Axios reports that 35 banks across the country are participating in the launch.

By the numbers: So far, 35 banks have signed up as early adopters of FedNow, including JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo, but notably not including Citigroup or Bank of America. That number is rather lower than the Fed led us to believe as recently as recently as June.
The U.S. Treasury is also signed up as an early adopter of FedNow.
Some 353 banks and credit unions have signed up for RTP.
In order to use either service, both the sending and the receiving bank need to be signed up for the system.

We are now officially on that slippery slope I’ve been talking about. I wrote about exactly this happening in my dystopian fiction, Good Citizens, and discussed how this could evolve to control almost every aspect of our lives.

Why I’m concerned now that FedNow is live
A while back, I wrote an article discussing a payment gateway designed by the Federal Reserve called FedNow. This is a way to make instant transfers between accounts, sort of like PayPal or Venmo, but without the users having to move the money from various wallets.

While it sounds convenient, the concern is that this puts the infrastructure to quickly roll out CBDCs into place. Previously, I wrote about this.

On March 15th, in the midst of the banking collapses, the Federal Reserve issued a press release detailing a new instant payment system that will be launched in July. That system is called FedNow. Here’s what they said about it.

The first week of April, the Federal Reserve will begin the formal certification of participants for launch of the service. Early adopters will complete a customer testing and certification program, informed by feedback from the FedNow Pilot Program, to prepare for sending live transactions through the system.
Certification encompasses a comprehensive testing curriculum with defined expectations for operational readiness and network experience. In June, the Federal Reserve and certified participants will conduct production validation activities to confirm readiness for the July launch.
“We couldn’t be more excited about the forthcoming FedNow launch, which will enable every participating financial institution, the smallest to the largest and from all corners of the country, to offer a modern instant payment solution,” said Ken Montgomery, first vice president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and FedNow program executive. “With the launch drawing near, we urge financial institutions and their industry partners to move full steam ahead with preparations to join the FedNow Service.”
Many early adopters have declared their intent to begin using the service in July, including a diverse mix of financial institutions of all sizes, the largest processors, and the U.S. Treasury.
This has all the hallmarks of a government strategy. First, they offer it as a “convenience” or a “safety measure.” Lots of people will jump on board in order to take advantage of this.

Of course, we’ve heard this song before.

Next, it will be pushed harder, and those who don’t adopt it will be mocked, thought of as backward, and treated with suspicion. After that, it’ll be darn near impossible to do anything without it. Sound familiar?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably already mentioned here but I was watching a clip of Neil Oliver last night and he mentioned that not only could they control how you spend it, they could put an expiration date on it. Didn't use soon it enough? Tough shit it's gone now.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It will truly be the final nail ion the coffin for anyone who values freedom.

If you're more the "bread and circuses" type and are happy being told what to do and think, your every movement essentially controlled inside a little protective box, you'll LOVE it.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably already mentioned here but I was watching a clip of Neil Oliver last night and he mentioned that not only could they control how you spend it, they could put an expiration date on it. Didn't use soon it enough? Tough shit it's gone now.
HaHaha, and if your not good with that they will put a expiration date on you.