CBDC (Central Bank Digital Currency)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, $900 a month, that is almost a fourth of our present monthly income. Crazy how rates have increased since Obamacare. We use to have 100% coverage Ins. no deductibles, only $20 co-pays, $40 for Specialty, yes that was available at my wife's employer. For the both of us on that group plan It cost us around $400 a month. Then we ended up with a 90/10 plan for a few years around $500 a month and about a year before my wife's retirement, a few months ago, we had an 80/20 plan at around $600 a month with a deductible of $2,000 each yearly, which was actually a very good plan when talking to others and their plans, even as you mentioned. I will say I have found without Ins. my Meds have dropped in cost. My meds are cheaper without Ins.
Depending on your needs you may be better off with a high deductible/catastrophic plan. As you say, most meds are cheap, particularly if you using amazon, costplus (mark cuban) or goodrx at your local pharm.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depending on your needs you may be better off with a high deductible/catastrophic plan. As you say, most meds are cheap, particularly if you using amazon, costplus (mark cuban) or goodrx at your local pharm.
Thanks, look like they are for 30 years old and younger:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, look like they are for 30 years old and younger:

Those are the plans on the gov marketplace. First there is an affordability exemption for those over 30.
"Affordability (income-related) exemptions
You can qualify for this exemption if the lowest-priced coverage available to you, through either a Marketplace or job-based plan, would cost more than 8.09% of your household income."
There is also a long list of hardship exemptions. Health coverage exemptions, forms, and how to apply
Second, fuck the marketplace. You should be able to buy catastrophic insurance on the open market, simply select the cheaper route - the marketplace may be cheaper who knows.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The US government is pissed that they cannot see EVERY transaction we make. So with this new digital currency they now will have the ability to track everything. The $600 transaction reporting now is just a behavioral conditioning to what is to come.

Then they will eliminate all the paper and coinage to force you into the digital age. This will take years until most of the elderly have passed. As the elderly are hard set in their ways to change their ways from paper money. I used to be a bank teller and one older gentleman would come in once a month to make sure we still had his money. He would ask to see it. We would oblige and place his balance on the counter. Once he saw all the money was still there he would leave happy, knowing all his money was still there. You don't piss off the AARP'ers

With the younger people and/or tech savvy people that have been accustomed to this type of digital transactions, once the population gets to about 75%-85% then the Feds will start to outlaw paper and coins. Just like on April 5, 1933 when they had to exchange gold for paper.. it will be paper for digital this time around.

Once the electronic dollar is in use, IMO all the payment systems out there (Paypal, Vemo) will be a thing of the past as the Fed will be the electronic clearing house ( for transaction record keeping) for all these transactions. And it has been stated before, they can lockout all your finances with one mouse click. And once you are blacklisted you have no means of doing any transaction.

The only thing to counteract this is to have the worlds oldest form of currency... Gold and Silver.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The US government is pissed that they cannot see EVERY transaction we make. So with this new digital currency they now will have the ability to track everything. The $600 transaction reporting now is just a behavioral conditioning to what is to come.

Then they will eliminate all the paper and coinage to force you into the digital age. This will take years until most of the elderly have passed. As the elderly are hard set in their ways to change their ways from paper money. I used to be a bank teller and one older gentleman would come in once a month to make sure we still had his money. He would ask to see it. We would oblige and place his balance on the counter. Once he saw all the money was still there he would leave happy, knowing all his money was still there. You don't piss off the AARP'ers

With the younger people and/or tech savvy people that have been accustomed to this type of digital transactions, once the population gets to about 75%-85% then the Feds will start to outlaw paper and coins. Just like on April 5, 1933 when they had to exchange gold for paper.. it will be paper for digital this time around.

Once the electronic dollar is in use, IMO all the payment systems out there (Paypal, Vemo) will be a thing of the past as the Fed will be the electronic clearing house ( for transaction record keeping) for all these transactions. And it has been stated before, they can lockout all your finances with one mouse click. And once you are blacklisted you have no means of doing any transaction.

The only thing to counteract this is to have the worlds oldest form of currency... Gold and Silver.
I would assume there will also be some sort of underground bitcoin system for criminals to continue their activities...Illegal Drugs are not going away...or maybe they will barcode the drugs to list as a sale of milk or bread, who knows...

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would assume there will also be some sort of underground bitcoin system for criminals to continue their activities...Illegal Drugs are not going away...or maybe they will barcode the drugs to list as a sale of milk or bread, who knows...
Bitcoin will be the true alt coin for the digital age. Remember the governments has always said this from the start. Remember Silk Road?????

Contadino

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Recently my wife retired, being a Self-Employed Contractor I was on her employer's health Insurance. As of a few months ago, I am no longer insured. I am too young for Medicare. I have had quotes of $500-700 monthly premiums which is outrageous IMO. Being uninsured has raised many concerns, of course.

Which got me thinking of this new currency and what I see as a possible potential future problem. Speaking of no Ins., lets say I end up in the hospital during this new Digital Currency period. A huge hospital/doctor bill comes my way, as the case with most hospitals these days. What will stop them from withdrawing the total amount from my digital account, my retirement savings, and putting me under a bridge? Actually think of any debt owed. Don't get me wrong, we pay all our bills, we have a Credit score in the 800s. But as with Hospitals/Doctors, they have Insurance Rates and Uninsurance Rates of which both are very negotiable. My scare is once the total amount is withdrawn, it leaves little if no room for negotiating the rate or payment plans.

I may be over thinking this and I hope to have some sort of Health Ins. sometime soon but I have 4 more years until Medicare.

I understand we are already in a digital banking age and this is a push is to get rid of paper/coin currency but what is different with CBDC is it is a One World Currency. I may be wrong, but I see funds transferred first then negotiate a debt settlement later. I hope I am wrong.
I haven't read all the replies yet but just wanted to say- don't plan on Medicare being all that great. I pay $170 +another $63 because I make over $114k + $32 for part D drug plan. Medicare has no out of pocket maximum so I buy a Medicare supplement plan which costs $209. So my monthly cost is $464 and I don't have any vision or dental coverage.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^
This will be the biggest clusterfuck the world has ever known. It will make the Covid scam look like shoplifting.

And people will blindly run to embrace it.
I watched the video Full, For a guy with "Super Genius" I.T. Skills, he needs a better web cam...OR he is 100% A.I. generated and this is another plot generated by the NWO to lull us into a One world Currency.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The $600 transaction reporting now is just a behavioral conditioning to what is to come.
Speaking of behavioral conditioning, the younger generation is already onboard with digital currency. I'm self employed and had a root canal done. I don't have dental insurance so I paid my bill in person with cash. I kid you not, the young gal had the deer in the headlight look when I plopped down a bunch of Benjamins. She actually said "we don't take cash." She then corrected herself and said "Well we do take cash it's just that nobody ever pays with cash." Unreal.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of behavioral conditioning, the younger generation is already onboard with digital currency. I'm self employed and had a root canal done. I don't have dental insurance so I paid my bill in person with cash. I kid you not, the young gal had the deer in the headlight look when I plopped down a bunch of Benjamins. She actually said "we don't take cash." She then corrected herself and said "Well we do take cash it's just that nobody ever pays with cash." Unreal.
A Lawyer told me that all the places (businesses) that say they don't take cash and did not inform you before services were rendered or product was sold could be on the hook for debt owned to them.
Cash is still a legal tender of payment so if they refuse payment, according to the lawyer, then any debt could be zeroed out legally if they refuse legal tender.

We have had a few family members that ran into this. One told a business that since they refused to take their cash they can either send them a bill or they need to write the service off a free, they ended up taking the Cash. Similar with the other family member, the company took their cash.

There is a restaurant we go to that has started charging 5% more if you use credit cards, we bring cash there :)

I know all of this will change with CBDC

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Our favorite family owned Mexican restaurant has a sign as you walk in that states CASH ONLY.
Funny you mentioned that, we took our dog to an Ear Trim Vet this month, they were much cheaper than our Vet, to have a cyst removed on our Boxer dog. Anyway, we paid for the surgery by Credit Card but when we went back for follow up visits we noticed they had signs that said CASH ONLY. The follow up visits were only $25 so no big deal. Wonder why places are going to Cash Only?

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A Lawyer told me that all the places (businesses) that say they don't take cash and did not inform you before services were rendered or product was sold could be on the hook for debt owned to them.
Cash is still a legal tender of payment so if they refuse payment, according to the lawyer, then any debt could be zeroed out legally if they refuse legal tender.

We have had a few family members that ran into this. One told a business that since they refused to take their cash they can either send them a bill or they need to write the service off a free, they ended up taking the Cash. Similar with the other family member, the company took their cash.

There is a restaurant we go to that has started charging 5% more if you use credit cards, we bring cash there :)

I know all of this will change with CBDC
There are a couple restaurants in the Houston area that have stopped accepting cash altogether due to multiple burglaries.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
. Wonder why places are going to Cash Only?
Makes doing taxes easy

Write everything off, then only claim what they need to.

We have a local ice cream shop in town. It’s cash only. The crowds of people who are there every evening in the summer is impressive.
I’ll bet a years wage that that ice cream shop has never shown a profit at the end of the year. Or if they do show a profit every so often it is very minimal.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't even know what cash looks like LOL. When I do see it, it looks like Monopoly money to me because I'm so out of touch. It's been years since I've used cash. I figure I'll take the 2%+ "cash back" when using CC and spare myself dealing with loose coins in my pocket. Sometimes I use a 2% cashback CC on GunBroker even when they charge a 3% CC fee. I figure the 1% difference extra is sometimes worth the easier and faster processing so I can avoid a money order from the USPS and get the firearm quicker. If they want to pay me to borrow their money I pretty much do. Digital currency is gonna be the end of us only because gubermint will be running algorithms on our transaction statements. No privacy and I know the gubermint will "accidently leak" transaction info as a weapon against their enemies. Everything is getting weaponized by these gubermint clowns.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't see a reason for multiple banks either, everything will come from the central bank instead...however realistically we'll end up with 4 to 6 large banks. Lena Petrova has a great videos on CDBCs, like the one in Nigeria where the banks limit withdrawal of cash per day, as they are trying to force people to use CDBCs. There's also concern about gov't in placing a end date on CDBCs received to force spending it or loosing it (to help the economy).

It is my understanding that there are two types of CDBCs, wholesale and retail. I wouldn't care about the wholesale CDBC, as it will only involve banks dealing with each other. However the retail version is my concern and which the Treasury has been experimenting with (FedNow).

If US implements a retail CBDC, they may outlaw BitCoin and others (like with gold in the old days).

There is legislation in both the Senate (Cruz) and House (Emmer) to prevent the central bank from implementing them.