CCTV/CCD Cameras

TBlaine27

n3wb
Reaction score
My DVR which is a dedicated PC to run BlueIris recording all my IP cameras has an 8 channel bluecherry capture card in it and not being used.

Since I have tons of cat6, and blaun adapters, I'd like to make use of this card and setup some cameras..

What sub $100 cameras would you guys recommend? ... cameras with decent night vision and possibly wide angle would be nice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why would you purposely purchase and run analog cameras..you can buy 1.3mp dahuas for under 70 each....

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Put the card on Ebay and sell it... use the proceeds to buy a real camera (like fenderman suggests). :cool:

I actually think there was a person on the forum recently who was looking for one of those to buy...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to agree, I would not invest any more into an analog camera system. Depending on the speed of the PC of course. Maybe the PC can't handle megapixel IP cameras. An aweful lot of them can't. Not with Blue Iris anyway.

If you are dead set on analog cameras, these are probably okay, from a very reputable vendor.

http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/standard-def-analog-cameras/eyesurv-700-series.html

You can get a small discount for being an IP Cam Talk member. http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1807-IPCT-Members-Only-Promo!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
bp2008, good point about the weak pc, however, OP would be better off running the 1.3mp and pulling the substream rather than buying analog cans and running coax...

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
bp2008, good point about the weak pc, however, OP would be better off running the 1.3mp and pulling the substream rather than buying analog cans and running coax...
I hate running analog camera cables - yuck!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Notice in his post he mentions he has cat6 and baluns, so I don't think he was planning to run coax in the first place.

I bet sub streams will still use more CPU than analog cams through a hardware capture card. But hard to say without trying both...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Notice in his post he mentions he has cat6 and baluns, so I don't think he was planning to run coax in the first place.

I bet sub streams will still use more CPU than analog cams through a hardware capture card. But hard to say without trying both...
I hear you, but i cannot stomach spending money on analog cams...