CCTV Drawing Software

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

What is a good CCTV drawing software I can use? I have seen a couple online but don't want to buy randomly before I make sure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shads

Stanislav7

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure what is good for you, there are many criterions. The most powerful and multifunctional CCTV design software is VideoCAD Professional, but it is complicated and expensive for home user.
Good free design software for all is CCTV Design Lens Calculator. VideoCAD Starter is simple low cost version but it can be helpful in many cases. There are also VideoCAD Starter II Kit and VideoCAD Lite versions between Starter and Professional.
I recommend VideoCAD Lite in cases when there are not specific requirements. If you will need more features, it can be upgraded to Professional version.
Upgrades Starter>Lite>Professional cost only differences of prices.

Last edited:

Stanislav7

n3wb
Reaction score
IP Video System design tool offers same principles have been copied from early VideoCAD versions and simplified at many points.This simplification impairs accuracy. It can be compared with VideoCAD Lite and seems easier for mastering, but VideoCAD Lite is more physical exact and flexible. I think some skill level is needed to value this principal difference, not all user appraisals are correct. At the same time VideoCAD Lite is cheaper and can be upgraded to Professional at any time. VideoCAD Professional version is much more multifunctional, but for effective using all its capabilities good understanding of cameras, lenses, light...is needed.

JVSG spends a lot of efforts to promotion, to move IP Video System design tool is on the top of search results. So, he gets all casual buyers. Our customers are more advanced, they able to compare.

Last edited: