CD142 flashing LED above IR lights

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I walked out in front of the new cam when I got home and I could see the circle of IR lights which was visible direct on and close but what caught my eye was the rapid flash of the small LED on the top of the lens under the dome. Very noticeable and actually attention grabbing. Can I shut off this flashing small LED ? I figured its an alarm on of some kind but Im not using alarm outputs.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I walked out in front of the new cam when I got home and I could see the circle of IR lights which was visible direct on and close but what caught my eye was the rapid flash of the small LED on the top of the lens under the dome. Very noticeable and actually attention grabbing. Can I shut off this flashing small LED ? I figured its an alarm on of some kind but Im not using alarm outputs.
Is this a wifi capable camera too? If it is, more than likely is the wifi led, which at least with 5.2.5 firmware cannot be disabled. Don't know if newer firmwares have the option to do it. You can probably open the dome and cover the led with something (black tape, etc...).

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not wifi but I suppose the tape works if nothing else.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not wifi but I suppose the tape works if nothing else.
Other options I know that can cause flashing lights like that is either EZVID Cloud (Network>Platform Access) and/or DDNS enabled.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a green flashing led on the board, sometimes noticeable depending how I mount the camera. it signifies network transmission. Is that the same led we are talking about?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem - I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I dome camera and the green network transmission LED is very noticeable at night. I'd like to be able to shut it off, but don't see any way to do that (other than physically covering it up with tape). Is there any way to do this?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Use a black paint pen - there is no way to shut it off. Tape can fall off or cover up to much causing heating issues or moisture issues. Simply tapping the light with a black paint pen will cover the light and reduce it enough its not really visable. Personally, if that lets someone know there is a camera I don't see the issue. While you don't want a neon sign on your cameras it can change some peoples ill intentions mind when they catch sight of said cameras.