Cement Pad Installation

JamesR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That was pretty cool! what kind of camera is that? What is the distance from the camera all the way out there to those two buildings ?

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the camera is a indoor swann ads-446. Amazon.com : Swann SWADS-446CAM-US Cloud HD Pan and Tilt Wi-Fi Security Camera with Smart Alerts (Black) : Camera & Photo

I mounted this on the inside of the garage door window. It is approx. 70 to 80 yards from the camera to the building behind the cement pad.

amazingly i have the settings on this camera set real low for night vision. Having it mounted on the inside of the garage window causes reflection problems with the IR's so i adjusted the color, brightness, etc so that i can see at night during a full moon/snowy night without IR's.

When this camera's setting are set real high it is a unbelievably awesome picture.

After dealing with tech support for a week daily i figured out how to use this camera properly. The documentation provided by Swann is crap. The actual camera itself is really nice. But if you are idiot beginner like I was beware this camera is not user friendly to beginners.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

JamesR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very nice. So that does not go to an NVR, it is cloud storage?
I heard a guy at work jokingly say to another guy that his garage was so big he could turn a cement truck around in it.
Yours is literally big enough to turn a cement truck around in!!
I wish I had that kind of storage space.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Very nice. So that does not go to an NVR, it is cloud storage?
I heard a guy at work jokingly say to another guy that his garage was so big he could turn a cement truck around in it.
Yours is literally big enough to turn a cement truck around in!!
I wish I had that kind of storage space.
It does not goto a NVR. I am simply running Blue Iris on my pc desktop. Blue Iris saved the captures via motion activation to a folder.