CGadSocket

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The last two updates have given me this CGadSocket error message a couple of times now. Never had it before. It doesn't seem to hurt anything so... just curious if it's anything (that I may be able to stop from happening).

Fred.png

Reaction score
The last two updates have given me this CGadSocket error message a couple of times now. Never had it before. It doesn't seem to hurt anything so... just curious if it's anything (that I may be able to stop from happening).

View attachment 59705
I started getting it last night as well. Each time I get the message a camera goes into a freeze situation. Shows it there but its a still image.

Reaction score
I started getting it last night as well. Each time I get the message a camera goes into a freeze situation. Shows it there but its a still image.
I got it going again and lost a camera in the first hour. Rolled back to last stable and seems fine now. First time I ever had to rollback a BI update.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I got it going again and lost a camera in the first hour. Rolled back to last stable and seems fine now. First time I ever had to rollback a BI update.
I am so glad I found this thread. I just started my own here... I am able to resolve the freezing cameras by turning off HW acceleration at the camera level (or globally)... Interestingly, that error appears only in my dynamic log on the status page of the console - not the text log.

I too sent a note to Ken... Glad to see I'm not the only one seeing the freezing.

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Starting to see these errors myself as well as camera freezing. Will try disabling HW acceleration. Current version 5.2.9.12

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Starting to see these errors myself as well as camera freezing. Will try disabling HW acceleration. Current version 5.2.9.12
Ugh, that's not good. My problem completely resolved when updating to the latest version shortly after posting my concern. Ken confirmed it was a bug that he squished with the subsequent release. If it's really come back with the latest, that's unfortunate. Make sure you send an email to Ken with that snippet from your logs. Maybe he can knock it out again.

I have noticed that some bugs have a tendency to recur many revisions after their fix. I wonder what kind of development track he's using where code from older builds might inadvertently get put back into the latest releases...