Change a users access to cameras based on location of other users

MrMatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm new to Blue Iris and have a specific use case I can't figure out how to set up.

I have two groups of cameras. Home and Work. I have an employee and want him to have access to the work group of cameras at all times; but only to the home group of cameras when there is no one at home.

So if my wife and I are at home, the employee only sees the work cameras. As soon as we leave, he gets access to both groups of cameras. My wife and I need to have access to all cameras at all times.

I have worked out how to use groups, schedules and geofencing but I can't seem to figure out how to make this scenario work.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm new to Blue Iris and have a specific use case I can't figure out how to set up.

I have two groups of cameras. Home and Work. I have an employee and want him to have access to the work group of cameras at all times; but only to the home group of cameras when there is no one at home.

So if my wife and I are at home, the employee only sees the work cameras. As soon as we leave, he gets access to both groups of cameras. My wife and I need to have access to all cameras at all times.

I have worked out how to use groups, schedules and geofencing but I can't seem to figure out how to make this scenario work.

Any ideas?
The only way to do this would be to create two user accounts for the employee.