Change Time on a Dahua camera behind NVR (P2P)

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have remote access to a Dahua NVR, it is registered on my Smart PSS by P2P. On my Smart PSS I click on "Link to Web" button so I could have access to device config. After that when I try to connect to the camera settings I can't because it tries to connect to private local IP (192.168.100.204) Is there another way or a solution so I could change time on that camera? Or is there a way I could the the S/N of that camera? Thanks.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if the connected cameras are Dahua (Private Manufacturer), you should be able to access remotely to do changes (Device Config/Camera or Encode). For non-Dahua (Onvif), you need to access the camera at the local network for changes

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if the connected cameras are Dahua (Private Manufacturer), you should be able to access remotely to do changes (Device Config/Camera or Encode). For non-Dahua (Onvif), you need to access the camera at the local network for changes
It is a Dahua camera and I've related that I couldn't get to the Time and Date settings. In Remote Device/Camera/Encode there are is no Time settings to be found.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
but if you change the time of the nvr under System>General>Time SetUp, it will be reflected on all cameras

fstfrd50

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Even if the NVR isn’t Poe, IP cameras will sync when settings are applied. Don’t forget to apply and save settings for the changes to be in effect.IMG_4300.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Even if the NVR isn’t Poe, IP cameras will sync when settings are applied. Don’t forget to apply and save settings for the changes to be in effect.
Unfortunately it doesn't. I did so, maybe DST or some Time zone is different, but I can't see the settings to confirm. Still, no solution.

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@eXtremer , do you see the following screen on your NVR? Click on System, then click the Basic tab. There is an option there that says "CAM Time Sync". I am using the web interface of my NVR in IE.

1617699295983.png

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@eXtremer , there is also an option to set the NVR as an NTP server in the Security section. Click Security, then click System Service and it is on the Basic Services tab, marked as "NTP Server". I have mine off (as shown below) as my router acts as the NTP server on my network.

1617699584055.png

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cam time sync does not seem to work.
I forgot to enable DST on my NVR but I do have it enabled on my cameras, and the time in NVR was 1h before timestamp I see on the live footage

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@eXtremer , do you see the following screen on your NVR? Click on System, then click the Basic tab. There is an option there that says "CAM Time Sync". I am using the web interface of my NVR in IE.
No, it doesn't work. No sync.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since your remote camera is a LAN attached Dahua, add it to SmartPSS using camera Serial Number(P2P). Then access it in SmartPSS with
Device CFG/System/General/Time Setup.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since your remote camera is a LAN attached Dahua, add it to SmartPSS using camera Serial Number(P2P). Then access it in SmartPSS with
Device CFG/System/General/Time Setup.
I don't have the S/N, that's the problem. I've asked above if I can find somehow the Serial Number from what the NVR information gives.