Changed phone providers and now I can't see my cameras remotely.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
I recently change phone provider, I had spectrum and now I have T-Mobile, I also have a new phone, I have an Android now and my previous phone was also an Android, while I was with spectrum I had no issues viewing my cameras remotely on my Samsung S8 phone.
My new phone is a Samsung A13 5G, I downloaded the gDMSS Plus also the app for the IMOU cameras, when I am home there is no problem, but if switch off my wifi, there is no remote viewing, i walked around the block and same thing no remote viewing, I compared the settings on both phones and they are very similar, some I am lost, I would appreciate any comments on this matter.
Regards.
Chewie

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd recommend getting the DMSS app, this is the latest from Dahua.
What camera's do you have? Are they connected to an NVR?
How did you connect the NVR/camera's in the app? By scanning its QR code using P2P? Its not recommended to do it this way because of security implications for your network.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello jarrow
Regarding my cameras, i don't have an NVR, they are connected to IP switch, I install the DMSS app and loaded my cameras into the app using the IP address and they loaded fine i can monitor the cameras on my new phone here at my house but when I switch WIFI off, it does not monitor any more, I called Dahua USA, but they were no help because the cameras are from Andy, they told me to call T-Mobile and see if there is any restrictions on mobile data.
Maybe there is a setting on the DMSS app that i need to address, I would appreciate if any members here had issues like me and can provide me with ideas.
Regards.

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your problem is that you add them using the IP address but try to monitor them outside of the network without any means to get inside your network away from home: a VPN (Virtual Private Network).
The IP addresses you add is probably something like 192.168.x.x.
You can do two things:
1. Preffered method: create a VPN network with your router and connect your phone to it whenever you want to view the cameras. Most routers these days support OpenVPN, but it depends on your router. Plenty of how-to's on the forum.
2. Not preffered method: add them using P2P. When you login to the settings page of each camera by typing its IP address in a browser, you can go to Setting -> Network -> Access platform. There you will see a checkbox next to 'Enable' and a QR-code. Check this box and scan the QR code using the DMSS app (tap the plus icon in the top right corner of the app, then the top option 'SN/scan'). You can also type the S/N above the QR code in the app at the same place.

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FWIW, I am having this same problem and I do believe OP is correct that it's the carrier. I, too, have T-Mobile. The reason why I think it's a T-Mobile issue is that I traveled outside of the country and used an eSim card to be on another carrier network with the same phone. While on the other carrier network I was able to open GDMSS and it worked like normal. Back here in the states, I am no longer able to view the NVR. It could be a coding issue on Dahua's side that's preventing it from working on T-Mobile as well. I am able to connect to the NVR, just can't view any video.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Gents
Well I spoke to T-Mobile and my service was setup with no internet, they are going to added to my plan, and see if that works, I also have Asus router RT-AC68U, I setup the VPN as the server and my computer I installed I believe as a client I have an Icon OpenVpn GUI and they both connect, I am not sure if this is how it should be setup, i install the app for openvpn for android but is not setup yet, I need to learn how to set it up, need to do some more reading .
I will report the outcome.
Regards.
Chewie