changed routers and now cannot get my BI server to work

hotbrass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I do a port check, there seem to be no open ports after I switched routers to a newer Linksys EA2700 dual band router. I opened a single port forward for my BI computer and it seems to do no good. I get hung up on the page that tests the BI server WAN access.

When I do the port check it says all ports are filtered. I have filtering turned off on the router.

I have shut all systems down and rebooted.

I even put my other router back online and successfully ran the BI server setup, so I know it isnt my ISP blocking the ports. It has to be in the Linksys EA2700 router. But I dont know what could be causing the problem. My other router runs DDWRT and it works great, except that I dont have dual band connectivity and it is slow.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

hotbrass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also cannot find checkbox to enable pseudo name hosting service on the options page. What tab is it under? Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also cannot find checkbox to enable pseudo name hosting service on the options page. What tab is it under? Thanks!
Its in the about tab..register my ip..
Post an image of your routers port forward settings..

hotbrass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I went into my router and disabled all filters and now it works. SO I need to start adding back the filters to the firewall and see what is keeping it from port forwarding.

However, when I did a port scan, it only shows the port I forwarded to be open and all others filtered. SO maybe I am safe with the filter settings turned off.