Changing buffer

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello - I read that increasing the network buffer can help the pixelation around movement. But I cannot find the buffer controls in BI- does anyone know under which tab they are?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello - I read that increasing the network buffer can help the pixelation around movement. But I cannot find the buffer controls in BI- does anyone know under which tab they are?
camera properties> video>configure >receive buffer

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i don't see that option, but when I open up the encoding setting I see buffer and increased it to 4000. Not sure if that was correct.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i don't see that option, but when I open up the encoding setting I see buffer and increased it to 4000. Not sure if that was correct.
Not sure where you are looking...are you talking about in blue iris? camera properties> video>configure >receive buffer its right under the inspect now button...Dont know what encoding option your are referring to..

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
there was an old post i saw you told someone to increase buffer to get rid of pixelation ghost after movement but can't find that post again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
there was an old post i saw you told someone to increase buffer to get rid of pixelation ghost after movement but can't find that post again.
yes, it may help remedy the ghosting that occurs sometimes with direct to disk..
its the buffer setting that im talking about you cant miss it
camera properties> video>configure >receive buffer its right under the inspect now button...
EDIT: i see you found it..bump it to 10MB

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks again - there is just a little pixelation with movement, will see if this helps.