Changing Camera order on Hikvision NVR

mikem

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a system installed using plug and play. Don't have internet service other than air cards because I live in a rural area. So I didn't connect to them online. I have a couple of cameras I'd like to switch positions on the display. Mainly move a camera from the bottom up to the top row. Can someone help with a link? I've searched online and read through the owners manual for the last couple of days and can't find anything on changing camera order.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I have had that problem with a Dahua nvr but your Hik probably works the same way. Basically, I have found two ways to do this:

1. (quick way) just drag the window to the new location, and the other window will change places with it.

2. just unplug all your cameras from the back of the nvr (or switch), delete them from the nvr and then plug in the camera first that you want in position one, then the second camera and so forth. However, wait until they are "found" by the nvr.

Good luck!

mikem

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try those two. What happened is I put a system in for my elderly parents. I went extremely slow and methodical. I got twelve cameras installed flawlessly or at least as flawlessly as I can do a job. Then after a couple of weeks my dad wanted to add an extra camera at his front entrance. He would like to have the front area cameras all across the top so he can leave the screen in a 2 +2 format for his front yard. So now I have one camera at position 12 and need to move it. I tried once while installing to simply reboot the two cameras and hook them back in the order I wanted. Had conflicts and had to start over.
Is there a way in the SADP program to switch them?

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SADP is just a discovery tool. You need to do this at the nvr.

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a couple of cameras I'd like to switch positions on the display. Mainly move a camera from the bottom up to the top row.
Are you are referring to a monitor connected to the NVR? I have 10 cameras displayed on a 4x4 matrix. To change the order, drag & drop with the mouse. I dragged to an open space and moved images in that manner. So move camera #1 to position 13-16 and move camera #12 to position #1.

mikem

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. I've searched this problem for a few days and couldn't find anything on it. I hate asking unless I've exhausted my searching.

mikem

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure out how to do this without re-adding all the cameras again?
Username has the answer. If all available screens are used up unplug the last one. Then use the empty space to move a camera out of screen you want to put a camera. It’s drag and drop at this point. Doesn’t matter the order your cameras are connected to the NVR.

howaidnm

n3wb
Reaction score
Solution might solve the problem
You must know your camera password and follow the steps
Remove all Camera wires connected to the NVR
Menu
Camera Management
select the camera number example camera1
Adding Method change your camera to Plug and Play, in the same time plug the dedicated camera wire in slot where you need to plug in correctly
your camera will change slot automatically and change to the port plugged in, wait a minute until camera start working, then change the method to Manual, put the camera password then OK and do the next one