changing PCNVR software purchase help please

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi,
i have had it with PCNVR 4200 hikvision..i guess its not supported anymore (and couldnt find where to download) ..and all the cameras i have are Hik..(7 2-4MP). was working ok with ivms4500 mobile and using OpenVpn..but can only replay if camera has a card (about half do).
would Blue Iris be my best bet? and would i still use open VPN and could it replay all cameras with a card or not? or another option..

my set up that was running is a Poweredge server running win10, Xeon E3-1245V3 3.4GHZ, 8 ram, 240 ssd and 1tb hard drive was using for camera storage..

thanks for advise and where what to buy..assume SADP setup like hik? would ivms 4500 still work as is while playing with new software?

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fyi bought the blue iris from forum store
computer not enough..but runs with a few shut downs if i push it..50-60 cpu use..100 when multiple recordings...
very good software imo
not stuck with hik cams now...
still run ivms4500 vpn still mobile for now

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fyi bought the blue iris from forum store
computer not enough..but runs with a few shut downs if i push it..50-60 cpu use..100 when multiple recordings...
very good software imo
not stuck with hik cams now...
still run ivms4500 vpn still mobile for now
That processor is more than enough for your load. You have not properly setup blue iris. See the wiki on optimizing blue iris, particularly using the substream function.

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Too late..
thanks for link will check it out..i do have up to 3 cameras linked to trigger it goes to 100 and while im reviewing a day at high speed all the cameras...which is badass btw..it slows

fyi wife in Detroit coming home with this 399 special...

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Btw what am i losing going direct to disk?
why wouldn’t the software default there?
This software blows away hikvision pcmvr
thank you

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did all the essential updates...im kinda dismayed that the new computer is not as good as the old server xeon...
still touches 100 but better than before...
my cameras for whatever reason always go off half hour or hour and the great blue iris was accurate but missing now with optimization...direct write
is there a place in blue iris to adjust camera time?
or how to sync without reencoding

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did all the essential updates...im kinda dismayed that the new computer is not as good as the old server xeon...
still touches 100 but better than before...
my cameras for whatever reason always go off half hour or hour and the great blue iris was accurate but missing now with optimization...direct write
is there a place in blue iris to adjust camera time?
or how to sync without reencoding
You have not setup blue iris properly, that is for certain. Your new system is way more powerful than your server.
Are you running in demo mode?
disable the blue iris time overlay. Use the cameras time overlay.

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No sir..
no demo
it runs at about 50% cpu...everything works..when playing back and recording it will go higher..and couple times 100...it no longer shuts down..server slightly lower cpu than new computer...
lowest cpu ever runs is around 34

i have 2 sets of 3 cameras triggering at one in a group..cool feature