Changing routers

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im on an Asus RT-AC86U. Going to a ASUS AC88U due to an unstable 2G disconect issue with the AC86U (which my security alarm and HVAC only work on 2G). Current default gateway is 192.168.50.1. laptop running Blue Iris is on a 5G wireless connection. I have 10 Foscam cameras.

Is there an easy way to migrate everything over ?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
You could "try" to save the configuration of your RT-AC86U and import it to your AC88U. It might work under condition both run on same hardware platform AND firmware version. But I'm guessing that's a slim chance.

I would suggest you connect your laptop "wired" to the old router and wireless to the new, and you run through the different fields. The last field you change is your LAN subnet (eg 192.168.1.x to 192.168.50.x) and disconnect the old AC86U.

PS. It's 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, 2G and 5G are something else :p What makes you believe that the AC88U will solve those "2G" issues? Did you try to analyse the traffic (eg site survey option in Asus). Have you tried various "advanced" settings like beaconing, other channels etc? Just to avoid you wasting money on fancy gear that doesn't fix your issues.