Channel 0 Not working on HiLook DVR

SpiralIPCT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there, I made a thread about this in the wrong location so it's now done in the right location :)

Anyhow Channel 0 (which combines all the channels of the DVR into one video) does not seem to work for me, I tried these urls:
rtsp:/<user>:<pass>:<dvr-ip>:554/Streaming/Channels/1
rtsp:/<user>:<pass>:<dvr-ip>:554/Streaming/Channels/001
rtsp:/<user>:<pass>:<dvr-ip>:554/Streaming/Channels/0001

None of them seem to work, and yes
rtsp:/<user>:<pass>:<dvr-ip>:554/Streaming/Channels/101 brings Channel 1 as expected.

Also, In the hik-connect app I have "Show channel-zero" toggled on and it does not show, Also in the DVR settings their is no trace of channel-zero encoding.

Any help? Thanks!

DVR Model: DVR-104G-K1

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
maybe try a number higher then the last cam channel? just thinkin outloud....I know there is a channel 0 showing on some NVR's but i have only tried to stream single cam numbers. I tried chan 0 on my Nightowl to BI machine and it didn't work..

SpiralIPCT

n3wb
Reaction score
maybe try a number higher then the last cam channel? just thinkin outloud....I know there is a channel 0 showing on some NVR's but i have only tried to stream single cam numbers. I tried chan 0 on my Nightowl to BI machine and it didn't work..
I tried /Streaming/Channels/501 but get an error, thanks for attempting to help tho!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
According to @JoergDr here.....
"You can compose the channel zero as "live view" when you are connected to the NVR via VGA or HDMI.
It is not possible to configure "live view" using the browser interface."

SpiralIPCT

n3wb
Reaction score
They both have a mouse and a video display/monitor (VGA or HDMI), right? :idk:
Well yes lol, But there is not any channel zero encoding options for it, But i've seen it on other HiLook DVR's

If your talking about the main Live View tab on the DVR thats already set up with the 4 channels initiated, but channel 0 will not open.