Cheap 720/1080 wifi for indoor use with solid BlueIris integration

GreyTheOld

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I picked up some of the Xiaomi cams from China last year...in the middle of the night...after maybe having a little too much wine...and they're garbage. There's hacked firmware out there but it doesn't really support my cams, and it would stay connected via onvif for ~30 mins before dropping out and a reboot kills it all. The other one is grainy and useless when it feels like connecting at all.

I know folks have edited the WYSE cams to some extent, I'm looking less for surveillance (outside is all Dahua 4Mp and better) and more for monitoring. These won't be battery backed up, won't have sd cards in them, just watching the comings and goings of some children and pets.

Edit: I'm a network engineer @ a financial institution, it doesn't need to be "easy", but it does need to be "reliable."

smithb

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
If you don't mind paying a little bit more per camera, at $95 each, the Hykamic 4.0 MP is an OEM Hikvision camera with extremely reliable firmware. The Hikvision branded version typically sells from $129 to $149 or higher.

Last edited:

GreyTheOld

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now that's what I was looking for! No issues with ONVIF/BlueIris integration?

Reaction score
Now that's what I was looking for! No issues with ONVIF/BlueIris integration?
Nope, 100% compatible and operational with ONVIF and Blue Iris and anything else that understands RTSP video streams. Accepts and loads standard Hikvision firmware updates/releases, too. :) It's got wi-fi if you want, and works with POE wired connections, as well. Particularly nice when you don't want to have a wall-wart and power lead hanging around.

Last edited:

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you don't mind paying a little bit more per camera, at $95 each, the Hykamic 4.0 MP is an OEM Hikvision camera with extremely reliable firmware. The Hikvision branded version typically sells from $129 to $149 or higher.

Looks like it is out of stock on amazon.com (USA).